Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate 2019 barely functional! Slow playback/spinning wheel of death

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I bought adobe animate 2019 a few days ago and the playback has been super slow from the beginning. A few days in to using the program  the spinning wheel showed up and would be there for 3-20 seconds in between every single action I make (including clicking "File" or "Edit", clicking on a frame, or using the drawing tool). Today the spinning wheel occurs from the moment I open the program and the program barely responds.

I only have 4 layers and no audio. I have tried upgrading flash and changed the playback settings in publishing settings. I have cleared of many GB's of data off my comp in case that was slowing things down. Things are just getting worse, help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Turns out it was happening because I've been animating using the brush tool. I needed to combine-objects or draw in object drawing mode.

Paint brush tool causing launch and performance issues in Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences - https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/animate-cc-crashes-on-launch-startup.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\<version>\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<Animate CC version>/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/<version>/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the suggestions! Unfortunately I dont think these instructions work the same for Animate 2019 as 2017. My Adobe Animate 2019 files are not located in the same places as the 2017 so I am not sure what to delete/rename

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 10.20.04 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the solution. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation. ^PK

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not the correct directory, but read message 3 if you check use the correct directory and it fails to help or you aren't able to follow the message 1 suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out it was happening because I've been animating using the brush tool. I needed to combine-objects or draw in object drawing mode.

Paint brush tool causing launch and performance issues in Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same slow problem on Animate with my brand new PC

Msi Gaming Infinite i5-9400f 16G/256GB SSD + 2TB RTX 2060 AERO ITX 6G

Window 10 Home (last release)

Nvidia Driver (last release)

Monitor 4k on Display Port

Same file with a old pc (i7-2600/4GB/nvidia 730) works very well.

At last 15/20 seconds to enter in a Symbol on new PC, about 1 second in the old pc.

We bought a new PC to work better on Animate and it's not possibile to use in this state.

Any incompability with the new Intel processor?

Any advice for make a better performance?

Thanks

Giorgio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines