• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate (2020) quits upon import of an Illustrator (2020) File.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have posted here before about a separate issue but now I have run into another. When I try to import (to stage) an Illustrator file into Animate the app instantly quits. I am attempting to import two layers in my file, objects and background. This will show up in the Animate import screen (where you see all the layers and incompatibility report) to HTML5 completely fine but as soon as I press "import" the application quits. I am not sure if this is relevant but in the incompatibility report it says "Characters with horizontal scaling." I am growing increasingly frustrated because I have tried to do everything I could to fix this issue, copy and pasting also causes the application to quit instantly. I know it is not my computer as other imports have been successful, just not the file I need. Please help!

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Hi - Pls find below the fla file containg latest Ai file you have shared 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/45de6fd2-8712-4c82-7016-1cbb41eccb78

There is an issue while importing Ai file containg image with drop shadow filter which we have already fixed inernally. The fix will pushed in the upcoming Animate release.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it possible for you to share the AI file with which you are facing this issue?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan,

Here is the file that I am attempting to work with: https://we.tl/t-ipOkcsxKpd

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks for sharing the file. I just quickly checked importing it in Animate 20.5.1 on both Windows & Mac and found it to be working fine. I have placed the fla file after importing the given AI file, please check if you are able to open this file.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/549446ee-b10d-420d-5208-00fa12dbba06 

Also, can you please let me know Animate version and OS details that you are using?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response, I am using MAC OS Catalina (10.15.6) and Animate (20.5.1).

I was able to open the file from your link but it is missing all of the photos and almost everything is now a movie clip, which has not happened in previous imports for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Looks like the AI file has several linked images that may reside in your disk. Since these files are not embedded in the AI file when I imported it on my end those images are not imported. Can you try embedding the images in AI file and try this again? If the issue still persists, please share the AI file with the embedded images for me to try it out.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the issue is still happening, now even worse as I can not even get to the import screen. Animate just quits instantly upon import to stage. Thank you so much for your help by the way, I have been trying to import for two weeks. 

Here is the file with all of the images embedded, sorry about the previous file I realized I transfered the older version without embedded images. https://we.tl/t-vIc7OCFbSp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Pls find below the fla file containg latest Ai file you have shared 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/45de6fd2-8712-4c82-7016-1cbb41eccb78

There is an issue while importing Ai file containg image with drop shadow filter which we have already fixed inernally. The fix will pushed in the upcoming Animate release.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is so helpful, thank you so so much for the explanation! I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines