Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate 2020 - Stylus issues

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since updating to Adobe 2020, I have expreienced syncing issues with my stylus in Animate. I have a HP Spectre x360 and I use a HP stylus pen. This issue only exists in Animate as both Illustrator and Photoshop work fine. The issue is that whenever I draw on the screen, it creates a straight line upwards and at the end of said line, it will then draw the gesture made with my stylus (I have attatched a screenshot with an example). Note, it works fine when I use the touchscreen with my finger, which is odd. Also, tools like the selection tool work just fine.

I have all my graphics drivers up to date, not sure what else I can do to solve this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Make sure you have AA 20.0.3 and see if switching to Windows Ink in Drawing Preferences helps.

Don't forget to restart the program.

Clipboard-2.png

If this does not help, go back to whatever version was working before the update.

Also, search the forum before posting a new thread. There are about a million posts about this, many of them would have given you the answer.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response!

I will have to contact my school administrator as I have AA 20.0.1 and updates have been disabled.

I'll post back if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines