Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC (2018) is not asking me to replace library items

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 
Animate is giving me this bug and it's driving me crazy.
I'm trying to replace some library items in my project with others with the same name fron another .fla file.

So, usually, I'd copy the new files in the library and Animate would ask me if I want to replace or keep the older files... But it's not doing it anymore. It decides NOT to replace them by default without giving me the choice to do otherwise.
What's worse, it does copy the new file, so I end up with two library items WITH THE SAME NAME inside the same project. 

So, maybe I inadvertently changed my preferences...? Or is it a bug? How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Error , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same named items should be in different folders in your library so they're both available to you, but the current has the same options to resolve library conflicts that previous versions had:

Screenshot - 2_23_2020 , 8_16_56 AM.png

and even though it sounds like you're using an older version, i don't recall this option ever changing.

if you don't see that you can reset your preferences or, even better, update your animate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/animate-cc-crashes-on-launch-startup.html
(or remove Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC \ and
C\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\\
Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe// and
/Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate//)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kglad,

They did change how items are ordered in Library and also the whole Library panel (which now, for example, if in focus does not pass through shortcuts to the rest of the program). Ordering by name is different compared to CS.

It's been a few years now since we did some extensive testing when we were working on some Library related tools, so I can't recall exactly from what version.

These changes also affect the behaviour of symbols with the same name that are nested inside folders dragged and dropped from one library to another. These paths are treated differently at present, compared to CS and older.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There is a change of behaviour which was introduced some versions ago.

I would suggest taking a different course of action:

Instead of copying from Library to Library, select the Library items and drag them onto a frame on the Stage in your source file.

Then copy this frame and paste into a frame in your target file.

The Resolve Library Conflict dialog should now appear and you will be able to replace items that have the same names and paths.

Delete the temp frame.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines