Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC Download Issues on Mac OS

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I will first apologize if the question has already been asked before on this forum, I am a complete rookie. ^^'

So a week ago I decided to buy the Adobe Creative Cloud package for students, for around 20.00€ per month. I was mainly looking for Adobe Animate and Photoshop so I started by downloading Animate CC.

I went on my account page on the Adobe website, downloaded "Animate_and_Mobile_Device_Packaging_Installer.dmg", opened and followed the instructions. Then, after that I registered another time, and gave a few information about me, the downloading process started. It reached about 20%, but then completely stopped. The remaining time was about 45 minutes according to Adobe, so after 2 or 3 hours where nothing happened (still blocked at 20%), I decided to restart from scratch. Same process up to the beginning of the download, but this time, it reached 0,6% and, like the first try, stopped progressing at this stage. It was also written this time "error P81", meaning I had other downloads at the same time. Then I stopped every other activity on my computer, and started for the third time the download. From now on, it just stops at 0,6%, sometimes at 0,7%, and sometimes the error P81 is back. (but most of the time it's not) My Internet connection is reliable for everything else, so I don't think this is a problem.

I really don't know what to do, I checked everything on my computer to see if there were no other downloads. I've tried about 15 times this week, nothing has changed. I'll just add that sometimes my computer displays that a file called "p" wants to damage the system, so it advises me to put it in the virtual bin, what I do. It has occured about once per day this week, maybe some of you do know this thing ? It may be the source of the problem ?

Sorry for my non native english, I may have done some language mistakes.

With kind regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your answer ! I'll try this way tonight and I'll tell you if this works, hope it will. ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little update, just to let you know that this has perfectly worked ! 
Actually my computer was striken by a little virus called "TotalSearch", and it was preventing the system from installing big softwares like CC or Animate CC. However your advise was good as it was way easier to install Animate through the Creative Cloud.

I let this comment here if it can help someone someday in the same situation.

Thank you for your quick answer, have a nice day. ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear (and hopefully your browsers are cleaned).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines