• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC File blank when opened, but file size is 700,000 kilobytes??????

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very important animation final project that's due in a few days. Last week while in class, I made some changes to it. I saved it, put it on a flashdrive, and am now trying to open it from home. There are two files in the flash drive...

1.) a recovery file that's two minutes newer with file size of 0

2.) regular file with file size of about 700,000 kilobytes

When I try to open the recovery file, it says there's an error trying to open the file.

So, I tried to open the regular file.

It opens fine... except the project is completely empty! All my animation is gone, there's just a blank Layer 0. The only things that's still there is all my library content. This doesn't make any sense, as the file size clearly proves that the file is NOT empty.

Where did my animation go? Is there a way to get it back? Animation is due in a few days and would really like to not have to redraw a lot of stuff.

EDIT: Just updated to the latest version of Animate. The file now says it's about 300MB. The output log says "could not load scene into memory. Your document may be damaged." But my library content is still there...

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rename your fla to a rar and use winrar to repair the rar file.  then rename the repaired rar to a fla and see if that will open in animate and display what you expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines