• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe animate cc keeps saying "error initializing java runtime environment. you may need to reinstall flash"

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only does this with some files. others export fine. this is really annoying. if i just ignore it, the video has certain things like layers or camera movements left out. please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Does this happen when you try to publish a SWF or use the SWF exporter to generate a video file?

If your final destination is video, such as MOV or MP4, try exporting a PNG-sequence and then rendering video out of that in Premiere or similar. This is usually the best method to get 3D parallax and all kinds of other effects out of Flash/Animate. SWF export is prone to failing with many of the 'special' features.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens when I try to publish a SWF. What's a SWF exporter??

Whenever I try to export as a png sequence, I put them into sony vegas (all frames being a frame long, same framerate as I animated in), and add the music, and it's like frames are missing or something. That was last time though. Does exporting a png sequence export camera movments? I need them... and it didnt export them just now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By SWF exporter I meant their method of video export where they create an intermediate SWF which in turn they convert to lossless MOV; I assume this method would exhibit the same problems.

PNG sequence is the way to go. Check your sequence to be sure that it is intact with an image viewer. Also check the number of exported frames in the export folder.

Then, since you use Vegas, check all the settings for image sequence, the timeline and the project. I haven't used Vegas so can't give advice, but in Premiere you need to make sure the 'footage' is interpreted in a way that no manipulation is done to the frames, no 'frame blending', no field interpolation and so on.

At this stage it seems that the problem of frame mismatch comes from the Vegas project.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to check if the frame mismatch if fied (vegas was exporting at 30 fps, and my project was 24 fps so i think that was the problem), but the camera movement is still missing. I'll show you exactly what I do to export it (im making a recording).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, what version of Animate are you using?

I just posted here re 'camera not exporting' issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2606769

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so I guess I can't export the camera movements :< If I use the video render, I get the error in the title. I have animate 2018. Also, the missing frames if still a problem. If you see this, i forgot to add a title. - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw your video.

If your animation is 700 frames long and 700 PNGs were exported it means that there are no missing frames.

The mismatch came from different frame rates of the projects in Animate and Vegas - 24 and 29.97 respectively.

(BTW, no need for 32bit PNGs if you don't intend to use the alpha channel. 24bit is just fine.)

You seem to not have many or complex camera moves, so I'd suggest, just nest everything inside a Graphic Symbol and do it the old way. It gives you better control, you can use a motion guide and export is bullet-proof.

(Animate's camera is a joke)

If you'd like you can grab our movie template to see how we've always done it in the industry.

Best of luck!

NT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines