Highlighted

Adobe Animate crashes when creating new file or open existing file

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Animate 2019, and I just can't seem to figure out what's causing this issue, it was working fine until I saved a file few weeks ago.

Then when I opened that said file, the program crashes, and when I try to create a new file, it crashes too, with no errors popping up whatsoever, it just loads for a few seconds and then closes instantly.

I've already tried the solutions provided to fix this, but nothing seems to work at all, resetting preferences, deleting Creative Cloud and reinstalling it, none of them work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Animate crashes when creating new file or open existing file

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Animate 2019, and I just can't seem to figure out what's causing this issue, it was working fine until I saved a file few weeks ago.

Then when I opened that said file, the program crashes, and when I try to create a new file, it crashes too, with no errors popping up whatsoever, it just loads for a few seconds and then closes instantly.

I've already tried the solutions provided to fix this, but nothing seems to work at all, resetting preferences, deleting Creative Cloud and reinstalling it, none of them work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences:

flash: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html
(or remove Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC \ and
C\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\\
Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe// and
/Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate//)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried that, it still doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you confirm you successfully reset?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did. Nothing works. Unless there's something I've been missing, could you please elaborate further?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re-install:

1. uninstall animate including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-
2. restart your computer

3. use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done that, still crashes. I'm not sure what's the issue with Animate if these suggestions aren't working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2020 0
kglad LATEST
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2020 0