Adobe Animate December Update (20.0.1) is now Live!

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update contains important bug fixes and stability improvements. https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/fixed-issues.html

To get the best out of Adobe Animate, I highly recommend that you update to this version using the CC desktop application.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to, Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the onion skinning settings I have created to stay? It seems like every time I open Animate they're back the default setting. I keep the opacity percentage at 30% and would like for it to stay there. Also, what's with the docking of the panels? They're... bigger it seems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2019-12-17 à 11.48.41.png

WHY???why change for worse? why can we no longer manage the rounding of shapes with the mouse or pen? why do we now have to enter the percentage using the keyboard? it's a huge waste of time !! while many of us have asked adobe to develop this option in the same way as on Illustrator, by allowing each corner of a shape to be managed ONCE THE FORM CREATED, Adobe responds by further reducing the function of this option . THIS IS OUR WORKING TOOL !!

Oh! and the pipette no longer works outside the application to fetch colors, it's absolutely great!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is very bad, it is a disaster....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, pls help me. Were do i see a seconds on timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having problems with the textInput Component and the CSS Component since Adobe updated to Animate 20.0.  Attempts to solve these using Animate 20.0.1 were only succussful by replacing all the components and failed when I applied the CSS Component.

I am reverting to Animate 19.2.1.    It seems Adobe has been having so much trouble with the new Animate they should consider reverting to Animate 19 as well, or leave it available for those who need it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf animate.PNG

I don't know why this is happening but everything is working but I can not see my stage or pasteboard at all. I just got animate as well yet I can't make anything with this issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That white space in your image is the stage. There is a scale at the top right of the stage that says '100%'.

Try changing this to 50 or 25.

It sounds as if you should be using some of the tutorial videos from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not need a tutorial video, I know how Adobe animate works, I work on it in class, even when I zoom out nothing changes on the screen. The screen just doesn't display anything, including the pasteboard. Whenever I draw something it doesn't show up at all. If you look closely at the screen shot I provided, it shows at the bottom that my stage color was blue, yet all I saw was white. It's clear it's not working properly and I am canceling my adobe subcription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem:

On the timeline, I can select empty frames by clicking on them. So far so good. But I cant select a single frame when its not empty.

If I want to select a single frame where a movieclip is, I can't select a single frame, but the whole of the timeline gets selected.  

I used to make keyframes on the timeline by selecting a frame> then shortcut F6> voila a keyframe. Now I get keyframes all along the timeline. Why is that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the SAME problem and losing my mind.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did the option to disable the time markers on the timeline disappear? It was an option in the Preferences menu in all previous versions.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 5.43.17 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get the best out of Adobe Animate, i recommend stay on 19.2 😃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

definitely true

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been unable to draw in Animate. I get a straight line at the start of every curve. Exactly the same length. Ive looked everywhere for a fix and notice that some people have been having this problem since CC 2013 I think. It makes Animate unuseable for me. I have found alternative software though because I love the rest of the Adobe quite I'd like to keep using animate. VERY FRUSTRATED!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Animate v19 from CC. This whole thing is frustrating and so far that version has no problem with my linework, but who knows how long they intend to keep it on the cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this version on the latest Windows 10 system on a Surface Book Pro computer. I use a Surface Pen tool drawn directly onto the screen.  I see that any line formed from the Brush tool, Pen tool, or Eraser, does not appear in the same spot as my cursor, making drawing in Animate totally unusable. None of the other tools have this problem, and this occurs only in Animate! I was told this is a remapping bug that has occurred in the earlier version, but I am here to say that it still happens in 20.0.1! Can someone look into this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... could you please fix arrows in tree views in compact mode? This is how looks my library after update:

Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe and specifically Animate developers!
Thanks for this update, but sorry, this update is not very successful, IMHO.

really love Animate and work in this program since it was Macromedia Flash.
And in some previous updates you added several great long awaited features like camera tool. It's cool. Thank you!

But lot of my colleagues migrate from animate to Toon Boom Harmony or Moho. Because these programs are more suitable for animation. I love Animate and I want you to develop Animate and get better. If you took the best features from Harmony and Moho such deformers and smart bones and other rigging tools, texture brushes like in Harmony, and incorporate it to Animate. In this case Animate would be the best animation software in the universe.

Animate already has bones, but to be honest, this is poorly adapted for character rigging. For example, I watched one video animation course where the teacher immediately said forget about bone tool and never use this. The animators I know never use this tool.

You added Warp tool. This is a more useful tool. I personally use it. But it's far from perfect. This tool lacks armature bones. Because when we use only wrap points for parts of the arm, it does not bend anatomically and I would like to strengthen an arm and a forearm with reinforcement.
Also, it works with errors. For example, I animate an arm with warp tool. And very often in between frames the arm fills black.

1.JPG

As for the new version and new design. Some of its elements look huge and it steals the space near the working field. For example, the top panel of the timeline is very wide and the tool icons are large.
Even if I change the UI Appearance to Compact. Everything remains the same size except the timeline lines. Please add the option to return to the size that was in version 19.

The next problem is that you removed the buttons |< and >| on the timeline.
It was very useful to go to the beginning or to the end, and now it has become very inconvenient without these buttons.

2.JPG

The next problem is that you hid the options when choosing a transformation method. Now we have to click on the icon and select from the list. In previous versions it was faster and more convenient.

3.JPG

For now, version 19.2 looks better. Design more compact and convenient.

You added Fluid Brush. Thanks! Sometimes it's useful. It would be better if I could see pen preview circle like when I use classic brush. Without this circle it’s difficult to predict the size of the brush. Please add this option to see size of the fluid brush.

Also, we really need a parameter to make the brush line more clumsy. If I turn the smoothing to 0 it will be still smooth. But sometimes I want make more hand-drawn look.

As well, please add an option to scale the stroke proportionally. Now to make it we have to convert stroke to fill, but sometimes I want to save strokes. In Illustrator, we have the option “scale strokes and effects”. Please make the same option in Animate.

These are all my wishes. I really love Animate and it could be the best animation program. Please pay attention to the possibilities of Harmony and Moho and take the best features from them. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use it for everything: draw, animate, script. But now I only use Animate for 1 client, because of scripting part. I use After Effects for animation now and Illustrator for drawing. Only thing I really miss is the 'break apart' vector(they should include that in Illustrator) but sometimes I draw in Animate and export as SVG, which I can use in Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a good way to combine Illustrator + AE or PS + AE for short videos or motion graphic.

Actually Animate is still very good for producing animations like cartoon network, disney, nickelodeon styles.
But if we look at this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Flash_animated_television_series
we will see that more and more studios prefer Toon Boom. And for Animate it’s getting harder to compete with Harmony.
I believe that Animate can be even better than Harmony if developers paid attention to the requests of animators.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this finally support the Lottie plugin to export animation to JSON?!

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to downgrade back to 20.0 due to a playback issue that recently cropped up in 20.0.1, in which playback of any of my animations (even if they were as short as 10 frames) would lag excessively and would also continue to lag and be out of sync even when I did control> test> scene. I can't figure out whether it's a hardware issue or a software issue but I've noticed this only happens in 20.0.1 so maybe it's a mixture of both.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been hoping for a similar marketing strategy to:

Back by popular demand,

Flash Player.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines