Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate eliminating HTML5 elements upon publishing

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Is anyone else having the issue where when they go to publish an HTML5 file, they find that parts of it are missing?  For instance, I will include my company's logo in the animation and see it just fine in Adobe animate, but when I publish it to the web, it is nowhere to be found.  The only difference between the file where it does appear just fine and doesn't appear is the fact that I made the banner clickable via making the entire ad a button.  This has happened with text and other various elements as well when attempting to make the banner clickable.  It is just confusing because I see the file in the JavaScript file, but it is not coming up when I publish.

Let me know if anyone else is having this issue and any tips to resolve it!  Thank you all in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex3193  wrote

The only difference between the file where it does appear just fine and doesn't appear is the fact that I made the banner clickable via making the entire ad a button.  This has happened with text and other various elements as well when attempting to make the banner clickable. 

Hi Axel

I wonder, when you say "via making the entire ad a button", is that what you set to Button most likely in the Property Panel a Movieclip symbol? If the original Movieclip has more the three frames for animation and your company logo appears first in frame 2 or later, it can't be visible by itself when you instantiate as a button. A button has only four frames: Up / Over / Down / Hit and only the first three of them become visible in given mouse events.

There are ways to make the entire stage clickable or a button area. I'm not currently in the ad business, but I think laying on top a stage-sized button with no visuals but a Hit area as large as the stage with only 1% Alpha is one of the tricks of the trade.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Button is a "button" symbol - not a movie clip.  What you have said, I have already done where I made the entire stage clickable.

The issue with the file is NOT the button.  It is the fact that when I publish the file, random elements from the file do not appear when viewed in a web browser.  I need help as to why certain elements disappear in the web browser, but appear in Adobe Animate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines