Highlighted

Adobe Animate HTML file appearing blank in browser

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm creating a browser that when exported appears to work seamlessly, however, when I email it to a client or to another laptop it appears blank.

I've combined the html and javascript files which seemed to work to start with along with a spritesheet. Again, if I click on the html file it works perfectly.

Something I have also noticed is a warning after I've published:

WARNINGS:

** 77 Bitmaps packed successfully into 1 spritesheet(s).

Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (18)

Could this be the problem?

Please help as I'm running out of time and I'm going round in circles.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Roy

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

What Animate generates in Canvas mode is a little web page. Like any other web page, you can't just send the HTML file to someone and expect it to work. You need all the support documents as well.

So you can either ZIP up the entire thing and send it to your client, or put everything on a web host and send a link. The latter option is preferable, because many features of Animate are blocked by modern browsers when a page is run from the local file system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Animate HTML file appearing blank in browser

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm creating a browser that when exported appears to work seamlessly, however, when I email it to a client or to another laptop it appears blank.

I've combined the html and javascript files which seemed to work to start with along with a spritesheet. Again, if I click on the html file it works perfectly.

Something I have also noticed is a warning after I've published:

WARNINGS:

** 77 Bitmaps packed successfully into 1 spritesheet(s).

Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (18)

Could this be the problem?

Please help as I'm running out of time and I'm going round in circles.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Roy

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ClayUUID | Adobe Community Professional

What Animate generates in Canvas mode is a little web page. Like any other web page, you can't just send the HTML file to someone and expect it to work. You need all the support documents as well.

So you can either ZIP up the entire thing and send it to your client, or put everything on a web host and send a link. The latter option is preferable, because many features of Animate are blocked by modern browsers when a page is run from the local file system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0