Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate is atrociously Slow and Unresponsive

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've had Animate for a while now, but I've only just recently (last 2 months) started to use it. 

When I first started using it, I noticed it was easy to learn and I had little to no issues with the program. 

I've now started to notice that the more complex my animations are, the harder this program is to use, boardering on impossible. 

- I can no longer scrub between my frames to check the quality.

I used to be able to grab the red bar and scrub between my frames with no problem, now however, I can barely move the bar without it lagging to exessive amounts. I can also no longer move the bar to the far left or right to scroll to other frames without encountering serious lag.

- "Unknown Error. Closing application" is a regular occurrance. 

It's now a huge annoyance to see this message pop up, especially if I haven't saved in a bit, as after this message Animate almost always crashes, regardless of if I hit "save" or "cancel" with the save message that comes up afterwards. 

- I can't do anything without the program "not responding". 

If I wanted to manually save, it wouldn't respeond. Auto save pops up, and it doesn't respond. I go to close the app after I'm done for the day and well, it doesn't respond. I feel like I can't breathe without it "not responding". 

- It's slowing down my entire PC.

It never used to do this before now. I'd be able to have Animate open and look up a reference online, or change my music, but now it takes such a long time to open anything, even chrome now if I have Animate open. I've cleared my temp cache, emptied my recylce bin, run CCleaner, and restared my PC so many times to no avail. It's almost like my PC has a virus, which is strange as I use my Virus protection at least once every 2 weeks, and nothing unsusal has shown up.

I feel like I'm now wasting my money if I buy this again. I've downloaded and tried the newer update (v.20), and I've even rolled it back to the previous update and the results are still the same. I can't use this app to animate with anymore, it's too frustrating and time consuming now. 

If anyone has encountered these problems before and has fixed it, please let me know. I have several deadlines approaching fast, and I cannot afford to waste anymore time. 

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your sytem specs?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking care of all the required troubleshooting steps. If your computer meets or exceeds system specs in this document https://adobe.ly/2nwaJV4, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines