• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe animate is skipping frames from music.

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that I have to have stream on so that the animation can keep up with the music, but do I have to skip frames? Is there a way to stop frame skipping? (This is timeline playback, when watching it as an animation, it's perfectly fine).

TOPICS
Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Are you experiencing this lag at the beginning of your timeline, or just in general?

Something that has helped reduce playback lag for me is hitting the F14 key, which will hide all UI except the canvas. For some reason, playback is much smoother in this mode. Try it out and let me know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you shouldn't have skip frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just saying "this thing shouldn't happen" doesn't really help this person find a solution, no offense lol

This is normally a hardware issue where there's just a little processing needed before playback starts. I've seen a number of people talk about this issue across multiple versions before, and have suggested the fix I previously mentioned too.

Do you have a really long timeline, or like a lot of frames or tons of vector drawings? If you could simplify your timeline in any way that might help too. Another fix I've used before is to put a large chunk of the timeline into a symbol. Symbols will start playing back more instantly, and will remove this type of lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines