• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe animate ​- is there a way to allocate multi-core processing?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a weird question, but I’ve been animating on top of layouts that have very large dimensions, and on top of that I have a lot of layers/frames to work with since I am doing frame-by-frame cleanup and coloring. Oftentimes when I select multiple frames/layers to move the program slows down considerably. I run a windows PC with a 6-core processor but it seems as though Animate is using only a certain number of cores and the CPU usage for the program never goes about 30%. I’ve tried giving animate a higher priority in the task manager but that doesn’t seem to work - it still hovers around 30. I know there is something similar in AE (render multiple frames) and I was wondering if there was some sort of add-on to allow animate to use more cores of my CPU so it doesn’t act slow. Also I’m not the most tech-savvy person (I only started using a PC in the past year), so apologies if I sound a bit novice-y.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

I will check with the team about the roadmap. You can also contact them directly by providing the relevant info on this form.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check with the team about the roadmap. You can also contact them directly by providing the relevant info on this form.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The latest versions of Animate work very slowly, especially on drawings made with both the classic brush and the fluid brush, and very large drawings that protrude from the work area. I've also noticed that using transparency is extremely slow, just like the Zoom tool. Also, the program takes a long time to open, copy and paste, it is very slow.

As for the export and display of the swf it is also very very slow.

I am used to working with documents of approximately 100 - 200 Mb. In very few cases I use embedded photography. Basically it's all vector.

Currently I have a processor with 4 numbers, 8 threads processing at 3.4 GHz and 16 gb of RAM and Nvidia Quadro P1000 GPU.

I am considering buying another exclusive workstation to work with Adobe Animate and I would like to choose the right cpu, ram and gpu.

The main question is to know how many cores Animate works with. I would also like to know if Animate uses GPU.

These doubts arise to me since when observing the task manager when I execute the affected processes, I do not see that the program greatly increases the use of additional cpu or gpu or ram and the reading of the working disk does not increase too much.

Thank you very much in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines