• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate lags, but only when my tablet is plugged in.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Animate for a while now, and its been perfectly fine for creating vector puppets/rigs and animating that way. However, I think the vector characters are limiting me in terms of dynamic animation, and I'd like to animate like how I do in Clip Studio Paint (hand drawn/frame by frame).

Strangely, when I connect my tablet, Adobe Animate because much more laggy. When I try to draw, the classic brush feels sluggish, and the fluid brush is just impossible to draw with.

Using my mosue(with the tablet disconnected) the classic brush moves exactly like how I'd expect. I believe the fluid brush option is greyed out, though, so I haven't been able to test it

Is this a common issue? I sort of feel like this is an issue with AA acomodating the tablets setting/drivers. Like, now it has to worry about pressure sensitivity and such, so its doing more work and making it lag.

Also, I can't use my tablet unless I plug it up before starting Adobe Animate. If I plug it in afterwards, it doesn't respond as well. Plus, when I do the former, Adobe Animate will crash if I unplug the tablet while its open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Animate 20 5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines