• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate MAX update (21.0) is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The Adobe Animate update for MAX (21.0) is now live! New features include:

• Assets panelUse Assets panel to create cool animations with preloaded assets and customize them.
  • Share on YoutubeShare your animations on YouTube channel within Animate.
  • Quick PublishPublish your animation to video, animated GIF, or HTML5 canvas formats, seamlessly.
  • Timeline and Symbol enhancementsCustomize your timeline tools and explore the new symbol options to make the most out of it.
  • Advanced Rigging (beta)Character rigging is made easier with auto and manual mapping.

For more info, see this article.

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm excited to check out all these features. Dissapointed that I MUST now use windows ink to get pressure sensitivity working with my Wacom. Windows ink is unstable and frustrating. I miss the days of plug and go with my Wacom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - WinTab tablet mode is still available and you can change the settings from Edit > Preferences > Edit Preferences > Drawing  > Tablet Input

It is just that the WinTab is made as a default option.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me of any Adobe software that could take 2d PDFs and convert them to 3d PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thanks for the heads up! Works like a charm 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i dont have this option and it says i have the latest version. can somebody help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Could you please tell me of any Adobe software that could take 2d PDFs and convert them to 3d PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! 

I was disappointed that the problem I had in the last update was not resolved in this update.

Copying simple objects from large project files takes too long.

This is a problem that didn't happen at all in previous versions.

It is an incomprehensible error that it takes such a long time to copy a very simple object, even a simple line.

Previous version (red symbol AnimateCC version)
-Large project file-Complex symbol copying: takes a long time
-Large project file-Simple symbol copying: takes a long time ★★★<< problem
-Small project file-Complex symbol copying: takes a long time
-Small project file-Simple symbol copying: quickly finished

This version (blue symbol Animate CC version)
-Large project file-Complex symbol copying: takes a long time
-Large project file-Simple symbol copying: quickly finished
-Small project file-Complex symbol copying: takes a long time
-Small project file-Simple symbol copying: quickly finished

Many people have the same problem.
I hope you can check and update this issue.
Thanks 😄

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/the-new-version-20-5-update-has-caused-performance-degradatio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue with v20. It's especially bad when there's complex vectors anywhere in the file or when art brushes have been used. I've had to revert to version 19 for some projects. I'm on Mac by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem; for my job I have large projects, and a really nice computer (gpu, ram, and cpu) to help with these, but I guess with the newer version it doesn't matter anymore. Pasting symbols has always lagged a tiny bit (and more depending how complex the symbol was), but now with v21 it's even worse. I copy and paste simple symbols, text, and lines that the later versions never gave me issues with, but now it takes SO much longer with 21. Makes working a terrible wait time experience, that is unresponsive with just copying and pasting simple symbols or basic lines. Tried using v20 instead and it's just as bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you're going to have to go back to version 19 to get a responsive experience for now. Hopefully Adobe will address this soon as it's making what used to be a super fluid experience practically unusable. What I love about Animate/flash is it's like a super quick tool where you can sculpt vectors and create content really easily and fast. Unfortunately that experience is starting to degrade with slow copy and paste, Adobe hiding basic buttons like Snapping and making the user interface too large and intrusive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dbs1029 @Tygacs @joechump / ALL - Copy paste performance issue is resolved in the latest Animate update 21.0.1 released today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest using the Creative Cloud desktop application to avail the fix.

@dbs1029 Really appreciate your help in troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks!

Mohan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My God, thank you so much!!!
I am so happy that this problem has finally been solved.
It now uses the latest update feature and can smoothly work with heavy project files.

Thank you again.
I love you Adobe Animate CC Technical Team XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate is crashing on startup. I'm running Mac OS 10.15.6.  Any ideas why? Can I revert to animate 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, not sure why it's crahsing but yes, you can revert to older versions (although you I think you lose your preferences if you do).
Open up the creative cloud app and click on "All Apps"  in the left hand collumn. Should be the first one. 
Then scroll to the installed all app you're looking for and right next to were the button for "Open" is you'll see three dots like this: ...
Click on those and then click Other versions and it should take you to page where you can revert. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeps crushing on startup for me as well, right when it says "Bilding Workspaces". MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. The previous version 20.5.1 still works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Wont open. Macbook Pro 2015. MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. Would be nice to see what is new!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We have identified one of the common component handling font is failing if one or more corrupted font is installed on the system. We are investigating it and will let you know as soon as there is an update on this.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohan-

It keeps crashing on me too -- and the most annoying thing is, I didn't ask for the update -- it happened automatically. Now I can't work and I need to. When will this be fixed????

-Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, this is unnaceptable and unprofessional. I just tried using the "chat" and they couldn't even help me use the old version. I NEED TO WORK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you log in to your Creative Cloud, there is a 3-dot icon to the right of the name of each app. You should be able to click on it and then select "other versions" and revert to the previous one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tweenorscript-

The "chat" person just had me install the old version but but told me NOT to unistall the new version. It still won't work. Do I need to UNISTALL the new version?

Thanks

-Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install and use the previous (20.5.1) version without having to remove the new version (21.0.0). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't work for me. Thanks -- you're more help than any of the people who actually work for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines