• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate MAX update (21.0) is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The Adobe Animate update for MAX (21.0) is now live! New features include:

• Assets panelUse Assets panel to create cool animations with preloaded assets and customize them.
  • Share on YoutubeShare your animations on YouTube channel within Animate.
  • Quick PublishPublish your animation to video, animated GIF, or HTML5 canvas formats, seamlessly.
  • Timeline and Symbol enhancementsCustomize your timeline tools and explore the new symbol options to make the most out of it.
  • Advanced Rigging (beta)Character rigging is made easier with auto and manual mapping.

For more info, see this article.

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @agneti  - This has been fixed in the latest update 21.0.1.37179. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud desktop application to avial the fix.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for let me know it, Mohan 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohanaraj-

I just reinstalled the upate again and it STILL crashes. Please help.

thanks

-Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivated ALL (~8 families) of my custom fonts (via FontExplorer Pro) and was able to launch Animate successfully on macOS 10.15.7, although Animate still complains about wanting to install the Osaka font (what's up with that, seriously) on launch?! I then re-activated my fonts one-by-one and it would appear that a full version of Futura (Adobe) and Plantin Pro (Monotype) were the ones causing problems. Neither of these font families are reporting any errors or corruption, and create absolutely no problems in any other application.

While you're fixing this Animate font problem, perhaps you could FINALLY remove that silly Osaka font nag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having tons of issues with scaling tweens. They test okay. But when I publish and upload. The images are all mess up. If I change the animation in the tween to a fade in. It works perfectly. I can tell when it isw going to crash my publish. When I drag the playhead through the scaled part of the timeline, I see marks on the image as it scales. This is happenning way too often for it to be user error! If I change the tween to a fade int it works perfectly! I can't use fadein on some of my tweens. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@terryj41605550 : Could you please share sample files with screenshots or submit this issue at bug report (Animate > Help menu > Submit Bug/ Feature Request) with file links to help us look into this behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure this is driving me nuts. The animations are very simple animations. I did try clearing may cache this last time it happened and that seem to work. But I just created a fade in animation of an image and it will not test even.  When testing I get a blank black page. I am going to check to see if the image itself is somehow corrupt. I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Animate. Now is working fine. Except, shouldn't I be able to click the html file after publishing my fla and it launch from the local files. It works on the web.  But does not run locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@terryj41605550 : Animate creates a localhost server on test movie to test output in browser for HTML5 canvas documents. Javascript files and spritesheets do not load properly on directly opening html files in browser due to modern browser security restrictions. Please try to host your published output files to server (e.g. localhost) and then check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all this but still no joy:

The Adobe Animate Splash screen appears for a second and then application quits.

OS Catalina 10.15.7 - MacBook Pro (16-inch 2019) - Adobe Animate 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling Adobe Animate and reinstalling? mcdvoice mybkexperience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also patiently awaiting an update for Animate 2021 to work on macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Big Sur 11.0.1 still won't load Animate 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well.  Im my case the issue was with a standard system font Garamond Italic.  Not a custom font.

My workaround:

1. Use FontBook to view the fonts on your system. 

2. Disable Garamond Italic.  No need to delete or disable any other syle of Garamond.

After this Animate 2021 launched properly and works very well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to download it. but it doesn't work on my Macbook Pro 2019. It crashes immediatly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines