Adobe Animate taking forever to save

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Animate 2018 because its my preferred version.(imo they ruined the brush anti-alaising in any version above)

Im working on a small-ish animation about 8-10 seconds long.

Granted theres  modest amout of assets in the animation.

But its gotten to the point where its taking so long to save, like 30 seconds+ everytime, its so annoying to work with.

Its a natural reflex to hit Ctrl + S every so often, so its messing up the workflow  hard.

If it was like a 10 minuite animation with loads goin on then ofc fair play, but this is a little 10 second animation.

Are there any fixes for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new directory and save there.  and you should be saving with a new name each time (eg, an appended version number).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried saving to my creative cloud instead of my desktop, still takes as long.

What else do you mean by creating a new directory?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google your os and how to create a new directory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and I forgot to mention you will have to point your testing files in Animate to the new folder/directory in Publish Settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for Windows you create a folder in File Explorer.

For Mac you would use Finder and create a folder/directory there.

I am not sure for other OSes. I suppose directory and folder are the same in all OSes. Directory used to be the name for folders in Windows in the earlier versions. It is now mostly changed to "folder". I did not use a mac in the earlier days so I am not sure what they called them then.

So I suppose when kglad wrote "directory" he meant "folder". 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines