• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate turns off forced proportions on my wacom tablet?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple monitors, and I've set my tablet to have forced proportions on, which limits the tablet to only being able to click on one screen. However, whenver I start a project in Animate CC 20.1, the forced proportions is turned off, and I'm unable to draw. Is this a bug or something? Is there a fix?

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I believe that they consider it to be 'a feature not a bug'.

As far as I know from following these forums it is a side effect from the attempt to fix another very serious problem in 20.0.

Search the forums using words such as calibration, pen, tablet, wacom and so on and you will find plenty of topics.

Some might give you ideas what to try in the attempt to improve the situation. I'm not sure if you will be able to though...

Best solution might be to go back a version or two. Or use only one monitor, of course.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh okay. And you're right, sorry I should have done more research, I thought I was the only one experiencing the issue. I'llve have to go back to previous versions, since even with one monitor the tablet proportions are way off. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all the correct drivers for the tablet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, I've updated all my drivers and restarted my computer. Going back to Animate 19 worked, I think it's a bug with the recent releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue with CC 20.1

Going back to 19 fixes it.

Wacom Intuos 5 on Windows 10

Hope there's a fix soon because 20 is a great update in many ways.

Following this thread for updates on the issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/wacom-monitor-mapping-issue-v20-0-1/td-p/10794490

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines