Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate - Tweens Not Working

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm new to Adobe Animate, but I've "done my homework" and have watched and read a ton of tutorials about how tweens work. I even called tech support twice but they just direct me to the tutorials that I already watched. Right now I'm working on a simple animation and want to apply a tween between keyframes so that I have a smooth movement from A to B. But when I try to apply a Classic tween, even though it appears as though it's worked, when I hit play on my animation, the movement is not smooth and instead looks as though no tween was even applied.

Here's what I have done, and maybe you can tell me if I'm missing anything:

-I import my layers that I created in Adobe Illustrator.

-I select a layer that I want to work with, and create two separate keyframes in the timeline, with 12 frames between them.

-I click one of the frames between the main keyframes, and select "Create Classic Tween".

-I say "yes" to the prompt asking if I want to make the selected object into a symbol.

-The tween appears, and when I try different types of Eases, nothing works.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. . . your steps look correct to me. The only thing I would do different is I would do the steps in a little bit different order:

• Import the art you create in Illustrator, let's say it's a ball.
  • Select all the vectors of the imported ball art.
  • Press F8 to create a symbol, make the type a Movieclip, and give it a name.

Now that we have a symbol, we can animate it with a tween.

• Right-click on the timeline how many frames you want the animation to be, select "Insert Keyframe"
  • Now move the art to where you want it to be on this keyframe
  • Right-click the space between the two keyframes on the timeline, and select "Create Classic Tween"

This ought to work, but let me know if it doesn't! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

As the previous poster has said Tweens work on Symbols.

You must have one symbol per layer, then you create keyframes, then you add Classic Tweens between these keys. Then you add easing to define the dynamics of that motion.

To understand Tweens you need to understand Symbols.

Here is an article with a video demonstration which you most likely have not seen and which hopefully will give you better understanding of the matter: http://flash-powertools.com/understanding-symbol-registration/

Only use Movie Clip symbols if you know why you are doing so. In all other cases use Graphic. 

Also, master the tweens with artwork created in Animate, before jumping into the whole mess of importing stuff from Illustrator as you are only adding layers of problems that can confuse you.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yes! That's a good point. . . there can only be one symbol on a layer if you want to apply a motion tween to it.

The recommendation to use "Graphic" symbols rather than "Movieclips" is also a good one. . . Movieclips are a bit specialized, and probably best avoided unless you're doing something that specifically requires the use of a movieclip. : ) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines