• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate version 20.5 (June 2020 update) is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

The latest update to Adobe Animate brings with it a many exciting features using which you can quickly create and share your animations. 

Auto Keyframe: When you edit your project on stage or using the Properties panel, Animate automatically adds a Keyframe. This is indicated by a blue dot on the Timeline panel. 

autokeyframeoption1.png

Assets Panel: Store, manage, and reuse assets across projects using the Asset panel. In the Library Panel, export an image or symbol using the Contex Menu. You can then import the exported images or symbols into the Assets panel from the menu.

Quickly share your animations through social media: Click the Share button and select Quick Social Share.

Extension - Hands On Tutorial creatorCreate a hands-on tutorial using Window> Extensions> Hands-on Tutorial Creator. Test your saved tutorial using Help> Hands-on Tutorial> Import Tutorial... 

Optimize file sizes using Selective Texture: When Export As: Texture is selected in Publish Settings,  Animate converts complex vector shapes into bitmaps and retains simple shapes as vectors without having an impact on the runtime performance.

For more information see https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/whats-new/2020-2.html

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
Download and install , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm curious about the Assets Panel -- is it basically a Library that is automatically 'available' to an Animate project on your local machine?
Is this connected to CC Libraries or any other cloud functionality for team access?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - You are right that it is sort of a global library of assets that resides in a local machine. It is not connected to CC Libraries but one can export a symbol or a bitmap from Library panel as .ana file and import it back into Assets panel.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is a desperate cry for help.

I want to like and use Adobe Animate, I've worked in Flash for over 15 years, and it's been an amazing animation program.

These features you're adding are neat, but they're not addressing the essential problems that Adobe Animate has.

When I sketch in Adobe Anmimate wth the brush tool, and hit Ctrl + Z, I get a loading bar that says "Animate is processing strokes. Please wait." and I can't draw with the brush tool until this loading screen finishes. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SKETCH LIKE THIS. This was never a problem in Flash.

If adobe is really interested in improving Animate, we need basic problems like this to be solved before lumping on new features.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your are getting the "Animate processing strokes. Please wait" dialog as a result of extra smoothness processing. You can avoid this while sketching by reducing the smoothness value.

Below are the value ranges where you can avoid smoothness processing dialog

Classic Brush: 0 to 99 (Smoothing)
Fluid Brush: 0 to 89 (Curve smoothing)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I really like the update on the timeline! Auto-Keyframing is much more intuitive! Nevertheless I have now the issue that since I updated to 20.5 my eraser works differently. Whenever I use the eraser it shows me the result after the operation.  Than means that while erasing I dont have a clue what exactly happens. After i release the button, I see the changes... Thats a big problem for me. I downgraded back one version and everything worked fine again. What can I do?

(I work an a Win10 Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting. This issue is being investigated internally.
Meanwhile as a workaround can you try using eraser in frames other than 1st frame and let us know if it works.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This has been fixed in the 20.5.1 update released today. Please try it out the latest version and let us know.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version does not support Arabic, why ?
Our work depends on our language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great new additions, a question about the Assets Panel, I have exported a few different things as symbols and when importing them in I get an error saying "One or more files were not imported because there were problems readin them." I right clicked a symbol in the library and turned it into an asset file, did I do something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Do you face this issue with any symbol or a specific symbol that you are trying to export it as an asset? Could you please share the fla file that your facing this issue with?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every symbol is causing this issue no matter the content inside. I created a new .fla file and it will still create the same issue. So maybe it has something to do with either my animate cc installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what I have been doing wrong, I need to import it into the asset panel rather than the project file directly. Would be great if not only could we import the assets directly without having to import it into the asset panel and then into the file but also being able to make your own categories within the Asset Panel to organize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One of the updated features for Animate 2020 20.0.5 : "Optimize file sizes using Selective Texture: When Export As", I hope but can I change "retains simple shapes as vectors" to be selectable items, Because my work will use Animate to publish it as a Canvas webpage, and also use the published file for WebGL conversion. After this new function is enforced, I can only use the old version to use it normally. I hope this option can be added in the future. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CANT SET UP VISEMES AFTER UPDATE TO VERSION 20.5

I have the same problem after updating to version 20.5.
I click the visemes frame AND NOTHING HAPPEN ! I double click it nothing happen!

Refering to the image below, when I click the "Ah" frame, nothing happen and I CAN'T SET UP VISEMES!
Previous version of adobe is ok.. i can set the visemes normally..

Is there any problem for version 20.5?
HELP ME!!!!!

Screenshot (141).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. The update (20.5) has a definite glitch with the lip sync function. I need this badly to continue a time-critical project. 

PLEASE, Please Help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We are working on a fix but in the meantime please use Space bar key to invoke the frame thumbnails and click on the desired pose then press Enter to select the same as a workaround. 

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad Animate is still actively being improved with new features!

Please note though that its good practice to let users know about All the changes and bug fixes made to a version, in the Release Notes. I understand that there is a new publish option for optimized vector output, but you failed to mention that you greatly modified the audio stream code in the published output. My team was not please to find, after reading the release notes and updating to 20.0.5, that the new, unmentioned publish code changes breaks our framework. 

Version 20.0.3 was giving errors in IE about 'keys' which seems to be fixed with 20.0.5. While it's nice that the issue was addressed, a heads up in the release notes would be expected and appreciated, so we can make a more informed decision on whether to update.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sure we will make note on this. You can refer to the fixed issues at https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. 

On a different note, my team discovered an issue with stream audio playback sync in 20.5. The audio does not properly sync to the animation. The audio sync can be both too fast and too slow, and the sync is worst in IE and Edge. We figured out there's a problem with the this.computeCurrentSoundStreamInstance function in the .js and fixed it on our end by modifying the function as follows:

this.computeCurrentSoundStreamInstance = function(currentFrame){

var sndInstance;

if(this.currentSoundStreamInMovieclip == undefined){

if(this.soundStreamDuration.size > 0){

var maxDuration = 0;

this.soundStreamDuration.forEach(function(value,key){

if(value.end > maxDuration){

maxDuration = value.end;

sndInstance = key;

}

});

}

this.currentSoundStreamInMovieclip = sndInstance;

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ry-MM Could you please share sample file to see this audio sync issue or, submit a bug report with file link to look into this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still trust the Adobe Animate developer team, and I want to share this option of the user environment that has been damaged, especially that I work with a Cintiq16, that I have lost workspace as shown. Configurate in 2020 expert mode. We use many layers, and this is very important. Back to 2019 proportions, I don't ask for more versions back 😉. It would be a great improvement for everyone, believe me.

2019.jpg2020.jpg

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update!

The color-picker in the tool menu is a little broken.

The swatches in the tooltip popup don't necessarily work all of the time.

To test : create a new text block, highlight (select) it, change the color using either Toolbar color picker or the swatches color picker. You can only change the color of a text block using the color picker in the Character Panel. 

I recorded a quick demo to show - take a look when you can.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/170a3besqoszu1x/animate-error.mp4?dl=0

Appreciate you looking into this.

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been reported, and believe it is being looked into. The work around for now is to change the text color from the Properties panel. That works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Glad it's on their radar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines