• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate works with multi-core processing?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest versions of Animate work very slowly, especially on drawings made with both the classic brush and the fluid brush, and very large drawings that protrude from the work area. I've also noticed that using transparency is extremely slow, just like the Zoom tool. Also, the program takes a long time to open, copy and paste, it is very slow.

As for the export and display of the swf it is also very very slow.

I am used to working with documents of approximately 100 - 200 Mb. In very few cases I use embedded photography. Basically it's all vector.

Currently I have a processor with 4 numbers, 8 threads processing at 3.4 GHz and 16 gb of RAM and Nvidia Quadro P1000 GPU.

I am considering buying another exclusive workstation to work with Adobe Animate and I would like to choose the right cpu, ram and gpu.

The main question is to know how many cores Animate works with. I would also like to know if Animate uses GPU.

These doubts arise to me since when observing the task manager when I execute the affected processes, I do not see that the program greatly increases the use of additional cpu or gpu or ram and the reading of the working disk does not increase too much.

Thank you very much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Ironically, the best way to speed up Flash is to downgrade to CS6 or CS3. If you do, you will be blown away by the wonderful performance and you will not want to touch Animate.

As far as I can tell, based on extensive personal experience and reading lots of posts on forums, Animate is crippled by the way it has been written in the last 6-7 years and buying an even faster computer will have minimal to no effect on its terrible performance.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines