• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice on HTML Interactivity and... "Bulky" Code?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone! This question is very much "I'm a web dev novice and don't know what best practices are", so please bear with me!

I'm semi-familiar with Animate and it's functions, but have run into a road block when it comes to using the HTML5 Canvas in a larger HTML project (what is essentially personal/educational front-end development). I can impliment the interactive bits just fine (I tend to cut out the Canvas code and paste into the desired page), but the resulting code is super cumbersome; perhaps there's a minimalist/optimalist in my brain that looks at the mess I made and thinks "surely there's a better way."

There is a lot going on under the hood to make these animations work (and my Javascript knowledge is meager at best), but how do you manage both implimenting Animate online... while keeping the pages relatively legible and clean? Is there a best practice when it comes to this kind of thing, or is bulky code the unfortunate norm? 

Thank you for reading!

TOPICS
Code , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Hi.

Well, in my opinion the best way is to incorporate the content created in Animate into iframes. It is simple, self-contained and less likely to interfere with other content on the page.

Please let us know what you think about this approach.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Well, in my opinion the best way is to incorporate the content created in Animate into iframes. It is simple, self-contained and less likely to interfere with other content on the page.

Please let us know what you think about this approach.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, JC! I've seen 'iframes' every so often on this forum, but I never connected the dots. I'll do some research and try my hand at them! 🙂

(again, I really appreciate the suggestion!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines