• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Time Elapsed Video Export Removed in Animate 2020??

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use code to create video animations in Animate so i need to specify the 'after time elaspsed' video export as the timline is technically one frame long.

Does the new 2020 version of animate not support non-timeline animation exports?

Thanks for your help!

M

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , Import and export , Missing feature , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Hello!

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We have also received your inputs from the wishform.

Would like to inform that we are working on getting “After time elapsed” feature back to Animate.

We will get back with the update once we have more information.

Thanks,

Sukhesh - Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Hi Mike. Like you mentioned, this workaround may get tedious for complex FLAs. Hence in addition to it, you can also try JSFL script to export video until a particular time is elapsed. 

Following are the steps to be followed to achieve a scenario of exporting video for 15 seconds.

1. Open a new 'JSFL Script File' document in Animate 2020 and paste the following script in it :

fl.getDocumentDOM().exportVideo("file:///users/shenoyk/Documents/samplevideo.mov",true,false,false,15000)​

2. Modif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this and see if this helps you.

you should be able to convert your swf to an mp4

http://www.vip-video-converter.com/articles/how-can-i-convert-swf-to-mp4-using-vlc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but the issue is that the animation has no timline as such, all the animations are executed using code. So Adobe Animate 2020 and VLC think my video is 1 frame / second long. Even though it might be 2mins of animation. It worked perfectly on adobe 2019 when you just select the time elasped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also with any other third party tool i see to many undesirable color shifts. We need this feature back soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Yeah. It's seems the feature is no longer there...

This is really bad. I did a lot of motion graphic videos using AS3 and that feature was the only way to output AS3 dependent content flawlessly.

Please help requesting this feature back here.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JoãoCésar,

Thanks for your response, i'm really worried about this feature being dropped. It's also strange as i'm sure lots of people code animations and would also like them rendered to video?

I've requested the feature using your link.

Let me know if you know of any other way (apart from using older software) to export to video using coded animation.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Hopefully the Animate team will add this feature back.

For now, I bet that this export process can still be done through JSFL. But I would have to test to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi João,

Can you explain JSFL? I've not heard of that, how could it be used to export?

Only solution i can think of is to use Animate 2019?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone interested i've come up with a work around for now. I had a single frame with a coded animation on or several frames moved forward all via code. Animate 2020 has dropped the ability to render after elapsed time, this means when i render my animation it is 1 second long as it's just one frame.

My workaround is to make sure all the animation / code is in a container MovieClip on the root (which it was in my case anyway). Then extened the root timeline to the duration required. So it might have a single movieclip container streeching for 1 min duration on the timeline. Go to render all frames and it works perfectly.

Still annoying and messy thou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike. Like you mentioned, this workaround may get tedious for complex FLAs. Hence in addition to it, you can also try JSFL script to export video until a particular time is elapsed. 

Following are the steps to be followed to achieve a scenario of exporting video for 15 seconds.

1. Open a new 'JSFL Script File' document in Animate 2020 and paste the following script in it :

fl.getDocumentDOM().exportVideo("file:///users/shenoyk/Documents/samplevideo.mov",true,false,false,15000)​

2. Modify the file path to the desired file path where MOV should be generated. You can also change other parameters as per your requirement.

3. Open the FLA document in the new Animate tab next to JSFL document.

4. Switch back to JSFL document and click on Run Script (Play button on top right corner).

To know more about JSAPI, please go through the description shared below. Do let me know if any further information is required.

Usage

exportVideo( fileURI , convertInAdobeMediaEncoder , transparent , stopAtFrame , stopAtFrameOrTime )

Parameters

• fileURI : A string, expressed as a file:/// URI, that specifies the fully qualified path to which the video is saved.
  • convertInAdobeMediaEncoder : A boolen value that specifies whether or not to send the recorded video to Adobe Media Encoder. The default value is true, which sends the video to Adobe Media Encoder. This parameter is optional.
  • transparent : A boolean value that specifies whether or not the background should be included in the video. The default value is false, which includes the movie background in the video. This parameter is optional.
  • stopAtFrame : A boolean value that specifies whether the video should be recorded until it reaches a certain frame or a specific time. The default value is true, stop when a certain frame is reached. This parameter is optional.
  • stopAtFrameOrTime : If stopAtFrame is true, this is an int specifying the number of frames to record. If stopAtFrame is false, this is the number of milliseconds to record. The default value is 0 which, if stopAtFrame is true, will record all the frames in the main timeline. This parameter is optional.

Thanks,

Sukhesh - Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly! Thanks so much Sukhesh!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We have also received your inputs from the wishform.

Would like to inform that we are working on getting “After time elapsed” feature back to Animate.

We will get back with the update once we have more information.

Thanks,

Sukhesh - Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sukhesh,

Thanks for looking into this and working on reintroducing the feature back in i really appreciate it. I have created a work around for now that works well but it's a very handy feature when working with coded animations.

Cheers!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, Sukhesh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines