• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating, workspace is blank and the elements can't be edited.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Adobe Animate version 20.0.1 and when I open one of my old files, the workspace is completly blank, a white screen where nothing can be selected. I know the elements are still there, because the timeline displays layers and keyframes, and if I move the pointer around, it changes when hovered upon text or objects, as to edit, but when I click on the objects, there are no editing highlight/anchors visible. When published, the movie runs perfectly, and all the buttons are functional. It's like everything is there but I'm not able to edit it. Am I in some sort of preview mode where no editing is possible? Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There have been several topics describing this same problem lately, with no attention given by devs or representatives. (Do a search.)

My suspicion is incompatibility with the video hardware, possibly at driver level. 

Try updating your OS and video drivers to see if the problem goes away.

If not, go back to the previous version of Animate and always install the newer ones separately to check if they work well on your computer.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went back to the previous version and now I can see the elements but only if the fluid brush tool is selected (so I pretty much have to edit by memory). I guess this is the only solution for now. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines