Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air application Icons keep getting cleared

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the following issue:

I have a flash application created in Adobe Animate (on a Windows PC). As a publishing target I use AIR 32.00 for Windows. When I go to the AIR publishing settings and fill in all the fields and publish everything works fine!

However, when I then return the AIR publishing settings to change something (e.g. the version number of my application or to type in the certificate password) and publish again the app does not have icons (neither for the executable nor in the window or start bar once launched). When I look now in the *-app.xml file which stores all the relevant info the paths to the images are now blank lines. If I re-add them (using the AIR publish settings window) the lines are added after the blank lines, but ignored when publishing. I have to manually fix the XML file to see them again in my application.

Is there a fix for this? It's highly inconvenient, since I must open that settings panel every time to put in the certificate password...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Solved! I've deleted the *-app.xml file and had it regenerated. Restored all my settings and now the problem no longer persists.

I believe the xml file's formatting might have used a layout from an older AIR version (I used to target an older version than 32.00) , which somehow conflicted with how Animate updates the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy the icon tags from your descriptor xml to a text file so you can easily paste it back should it become necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure that's what I'm doing, but it's still a mighty inconvenience since it will break after each build. I would assume more people suffer from this issue and there might be a more automated solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've seen the problem before but i've never seen it repeatedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved! I've deleted the *-app.xml file and had it regenerated. Restored all my settings and now the problem no longer persists.

I believe the xml file's formatting might have used a layout from an older AIR version (I used to target an older version than 32.00) , which somehow conflicted with how Animate updates the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines