• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error opening file

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had adobe animate crash on my computer while i was working on a shot for my animated project. Now every time i attempt to open the file it says "an error occurred opening file" i tried to see if i had a recovery file of this file somewhere but i don't. So if there is anyone who knows of a way i could uncorupt this file so i may work on it again i would greatly apperciate it. It's for a animation I've been working on for a long time now and this shot is one I've been working on for weeks now. 

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have a chance by renaming your fla to a rar

open in winrar

repair the rar file

rename the repaired rar file to a fla

open in animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, would i need to manually just remake the end of the files name .rar instead of it being .fla? Or is there more to it than that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just that, mate.

Change the extension from FLA to RAR and then try to repair.

Chances are slim to recover the whole thing, but you might be able to get some assets out.

Always save backups. You can't just rely on some software to never crash.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it usually does not.  i'm always (the few times it's been reported to work) surprised when someone says it does work.

nothing else you can do to salvage that fla.  you may be able to decompile a working swf into a fla.  (look for fla decompilers - sothink's used to be the best.)

and, in any case, as already suggested, learn to save your fla's (while working) with changing file name so you never face the loss of significant work (with animate or any other program).  eg, save project1.fla as project1_v000.fla and after some edits save as project1_v001.fla etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, mate,

If your file is not close to zero k, post it somewhere. I'll try the same with winrar.

I've found that sometimes a file that has recovered data would open in an older version of Flash but not in Animate.

I've plenty of versions here so it costs me nothing to try.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines