• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor Point Not Working?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not exactly advanced at Adobe Animate, but I'm using the 2020 version on Mac and for some reason, when I move the anchor points of a certain layer it just doesn't save. Like it will work for a second, but the second I switch to another layer and deselect the other layer in question, it just resets and doesn't stay.

I've tried looking on multiple posts, but to my disappointment, none of them were anything I was looking for. I found one, but I misread the title because it was After Effects and not Animate.

I'm really annoyed by this, and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Hi mate,

Most likely you have multiple elements on that layer or a raw vector shape. These can't have their own Transformation points.

"Anchor point" is not a term in Animate and should be avoided as it brings confusion.

Symbols have Registration and Transformation points. Drawing Objects can have temporary Transformation points, but these are reset if you enter the Drawing Object for editing.

Here is an article which might give you better understanding of the issues you are facing by providing a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Most likely you have multiple elements on that layer or a raw vector shape. These can't have their own Transformation points.

"Anchor point" is not a term in Animate and should be avoided as it brings confusion.

Symbols have Registration and Transformation points. Drawing Objects can have temporary Transformation points, but these are reset if you enter the Drawing Object for editing.

Here is an article which might give you better understanding of the issues you are facing by providing a solid foundation. https://flash-powertools.com/understanding-symbol-registration/

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a bunch, mate. That does help a lot.

I'll read the article a few times over and get a better understanding of this.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines