• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor point tool not working -- error message is current layer is either locked or hidden

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Animate 21.0.3, when I try to use the Anchor Point tool, I get an error message: "The current layer "Layer 1" is either locked or hidden. Would you like to unlock and show this layer? (Yes/No)

I click "Yes," same error message. The layer looks unlocked/shown to me.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

@WilliamDaniels  Thanks for reaching out. I have logged a bug for this internally to show proper warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meaning the "Convert Anchor Point tool"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I figured this out.

The Convert Anchor Point tool (and other Pen tools) don't work on a motion tween layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, anything being tweeted must reside in its own layer and as a symbol instance. The exception is if you are Shape Tweening vector art.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WilliamDaniels  Thanks for reaching out. I have logged a bug for this internally to show proper warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on 21.0.9!

Endless popup message.
Is this bug corrected in the 22.* version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like "it can't" as an answer, so here's an actual answer. Select the motion path, select the Subselection Tool (A), hold ALT, click and hold the anchor point of your choosing and drag to alter the anchor point (add curves, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Angus5C21! I was following along in an Adobe Classroom in a Book for Animate 2021 and hit this dead end. Go figure... QA is dead. Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Newbie learning Animate here! Just posting in 2022 to let you know your disklike of the "it can't" answer and follow up of an actual workable response has saved a project of mine. Thank you internet stranger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines