• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANDROID difference in template size between Animate CC and XD

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about the difference in template size between Animate CC and XD for Android in particular.

Android in ANCC is: 480 x 800

while in XD it is: phone X/XS (Android) 360 x 640

which is a difference of 0.75 W and 0.8 H, so not even an even proportion.

So why the difference? Why is animate template the wrong size? Am I missing something?

I found this good article about the sizes and it seems like XD is the correct size.

https://vinsol.com/blog/2014/11/20/tips-for-designers-from-a-developer/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Hi, res.

What I can tell you is that this Android template size that comes with ANCC is very old.

If I remember correctly, it comes from the time when developers could still target specific screen sizes instead of making their apps adapt to any screen like we do today.

I guess this was the common resolution from the majority of Android phones by that time.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, res.

What I can tell you is that this Android template size that comes with ANCC is very old.

If I remember correctly, it comes from the time when developers could still target specific screen sizes instead of making their apps adapt to any screen like we do today.

I guess this was the common resolution from the majority of Android phones by that time.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Seems like they should revise this, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines