• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 19.1 Not Opening Recent .FLA Files

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to open a few .FLA files using Animate CC 19.1 that were modified within the last month, and some of them simply won't open. There is no error, and the files silently fail to launch after the icon blinks as if they're about to open. I have already uninstalled then reinstalled Animate. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm using MacOS Mojave 10.14.2. These files hold very important work for a client of mine, and seeing the program not open them is a terrible start to the new year after I sold them on using this technology moving forward...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

post a link to a problematic fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files open properly when I revert back to 19.0

Here is a link to one of the files that would not open in 19.1: https://bit.ly/2GSvyqb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see a problem opening it but i re-saved it for you to see if you can open this one:  http://www.kglad.com/Files/forums/overlays_v000.fla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. They load for me in 19.0 so I'm just sticking with that for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i opened it in 19.1.  can you use 'open with...' to select 19.1 with the file i sent?

if not, open 19.1 and then select 'open with...'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you sent also did not open in 19.1 for me. I reinstalled it through Creative Cloud just to test, and then had to reinstall 19.0 to get it to open. I can't have them both installed at the same time so I'm keeping 19.0 until the next update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I spent hours working on a file Friday afternoon. I come into work today and the file simply will not open. No error messages, nothing. Just a black Animate screen or stuck on the Home screen. What's going on here? I'm going to try reverting to 19.0. Fingers crossed since it was built in 19.1.

By the way, I saw on another forum that it may be an issue with using Web fonts. By any chance are you using web fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I downgraded to v19.0 and the file opened. Thank goodness. I'm sticking with this version until Adobe acknowledges and fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi (and

see this forum post. same issue:

Unable to open some previous files (FLA) after upgrading to the Animate CC version 19.1 (Build 349).

Indeed a Adobe staff member said, it's an issue with web fonts and timing. They are investigating it, more under the link above.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm it is a font issue. I replaced all dynamic web font text with static local font text. I had a file that wouldn't open in 19.1. I could open on 19.0. I switched out fonts. Then tried to open in 19.1 and it opened just fine. So if you're using web fonts, I would recommend downgrading to 19.0 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bigger bug involving dynamic fonts.

I started adding dynamic fonts in and it crashed on a publish. Then had the same problem reported here.

I had a back up from a day ago that did not have any dynamic fonts so I loaded it up and went to work without touching dynamic fonts. Was able to publish. As a test I closed the file, moved it to a subdirectory, duped it and renamed and placed a new file in the main directory. I cannot open either file. So the bug is rather significant as files are being corrupted that have nothing to do with dynamic fonts. The very fact I touched dynamic fonts features is somehow corrupting any new file. I am installing 19.0 over 19.1 and hopefully (unlikely) that will correct the issue

.MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
macOS 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Scott+Bower  wrote

The very fact I touched dynamic fonts features is somehow corrupting any new file. I am installing 19.0 over 19.1 and hopefully (unlikely) that will correct the issue

Could you please explain what you mean by dynamic fonts in Anmate? Or do you mean dynamic Texts?

Please keep us posted whether 19.0 helped with the issue.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. Not sure what it is called exactly in the UI. But if you switch from Static to Dynamic fonts (all dynamic means is web fonts and they are adding the standard call to the remote repo) the app will not open the file once it is closed. It is odd because the app doesn't freeze or crash, it does nothing when trying to open a file. No errors, nothing.

So far running 19.0 has not had issues. But I am using a backup file that did not use Dynamic text (web fonts) and am not touching that feature until it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, yeah, that's the issue a few of us have. Version 19.1 Build 349 doesn't open FLAs which use Web Fonts. Seemingly only on Mac OS. It's kind of confirmed by Adobe. See this issue.

I can assure you with confidence that v19.0 will have no problems with FLAs using Web Fonts.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines