Highlighted

Animate 19.2 doesn't convert png with no transparency to jpg anymore

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are talking about html5 canvas, in particular about Banner developement and spritesheets:

one of my consolidated workflows since Animate is around was to produce all of my images as png from Photoshop, even when no transparency was involved, to have them at highest quality possible. Then I imported them into Animate where I could let it do the job of converting the images with transparency to 8 bit spritesheet PNGs, and the transparentless ones to spritesheets JPGSs, being able to decide the compression directly inside Animate. This was a very straightforward process and very efforless.

What I'm experiencing in 19.2 now is that, even if I select to have Sritesheets as before, An image that is imported as PNG remains PNG, even if there is no transparency in it, while JPGs still behave as expected. What I have to do, now, is to produce both PNGs and JPGs depending if there is transparence involved.

While I'm appreciating the new feature that you can keep images at there original format and compression, I think that that, at least with spritesheets the old behavior of having transparetless PNGs converted to JPGs should stay intact.

Anyone?

Thanks

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate 19.2 doesn't convert png with no transparency to jpg anymore

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are talking about html5 canvas, in particular about Banner developement and spritesheets:

one of my consolidated workflows since Animate is around was to produce all of my images as png from Photoshop, even when no transparency was involved, to have them at highest quality possible. Then I imported them into Animate where I could let it do the job of converting the images with transparency to 8 bit spritesheet PNGs, and the transparentless ones to spritesheets JPGSs, being able to decide the compression directly inside Animate. This was a very straightforward process and very efforless.

What I'm experiencing in 19.2 now is that, even if I select to have Sritesheets as before, An image that is imported as PNG remains PNG, even if there is no transparency in it, while JPGs still behave as expected. What I have to do, now, is to produce both PNGs and JPGs depending if there is transparence involved.

While I'm appreciating the new feature that you can keep images at there original format and compression, I think that that, at least with spritesheets the old behavior of having transparetless PNGs converted to JPGs should stay intact.

Anyone?

Thanks

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2019 0

Have something to add?