• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2020: About JavaScript & CreateJS long time support

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have planned to convert our existing flash games in to HTML5 games using  Animate 2020 with javascript createjs.

How about javascript & createjs long time support?

TOPICS
Code , Performance , Product issue , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Hi Kumar!

gskinner just posted this today about createjs:

Hi everyone

Apologies for not chiming in sooner.

I am very interested in supporting this movement. I have absolutely loved building CreateJS, and really want it to have a long and healthy life. Unfortunately, with the lack of any (direct or indirect) monetization model, and little to no support from Adobe, we've never found a way to justify it from a business perspective.

That means updates happen only when appropriate members of our team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one that knows, can say and it's not clear what you mean by "..long time.." unless you're asking when support started (about 4 years ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe he's concerned that web browsers will stop supporting JavaScript in the future. Which would be just... wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean say createjs support with Aimate 2020.  Create js community support stopped.

We are using phaser instead of will go with animate and create js framework If Adobe support with Create js long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is always a problem if your software depends on a third party library. This is why for example using pure CSS rather than Bootstap is often a better choice. You can create your stylesheet the way your want it. Then again CSS changes too. So we are often at the mercy of all these consortium that change things. Yes, often it is to make their library or system better but sometimes it brakes things big time. You basically have to stay on top of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the guildelines 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, after the Flash hold up I'm not surprise it will (javascript), especially with webassembly

html5 is not a programming language so it will exist as long as the web exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"well, after the Flash hold up I'm not surprise it will (javascript), especially with webassembly"

In English please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure:

- hold up = stop a 20 years tchnology considered as a standard RIA is a hold up yes

- it wil.... means javascript will disappear because webassembly opens the pandora box.

Something else not English for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "hold up" means an unwanted delay. Pandora's Box, when opened, released sickness and death upon the world.

So you're saying... that you feel you waited too long for Flash to be deprecated, and that WebAssembly will bring great harm? That's a rather negative outlook. If you don't like Flash, and don't like WebAssembly, then what do you like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mister ClaUUID,

human language is not like machine language, the same word can have multiple function and definition.

holdup is also a robbery conducted with the use of threats or violence.

Concerning Pandora's box, depending whch spirit belief your culture and education is, it means also many things like a magic box with a lot of power. But the first definition is also right, since it will certainly kill the javascript major language....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, I don't know what paranoid sources you've been reading, but there is absolutely zero chance that WebAssembly will kill JavaScript. They're complementary technologies. JavaScript will always have a role as a simple human-writable/human readable scripting language. WebAssembly is more like a portable machine language, intended to be generated by compilers for high-performance web applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kumar!

gskinner just posted this today about createjs:

Hi everyone

Apologies for not chiming in sooner.

I am very interested in supporting this movement. I have absolutely loved building CreateJS, and really want it to have a long and healthy life. Unfortunately, with the lack of any (direct or indirect) monetization model, and little to no support from Adobe, we've never found a way to justify it from a business perspective.

That means updates happen only when appropriate members of our team are sitting idle. In the past year, we've been keeping super busy - good for gskinner, but bad for CreateJS.

We are all too aware of this. It has been super frustrating to be sit on a bunch of updates that have yet to make it into a released build. As a result, I reached out to Dan in December to get him thinking about how the community could become full participants in the library's future, and was thrilled to see him start this thread.

It probably goes without saying that I have never managed a transition like this, so I'd appreciate any thoughts or idea on how this might go.

Me, and our team would continue to contribute as possible - we would likely be a lot more active, without being weighed down by the sense that the "next big release" seems like too large of a mountain to climb given our fragmented availability. If we can get some community momentum, I'll work to free up our dev time to be more active where possible as well.

Let me know whatever I can do to help, encourage, and support. I'd be proud to be a member of a thriving CreateJS community, instead of a founding dictator. 🙂

Best,
Grant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Grant for your explanation and spending time for your tight schedule. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and i didn't think anything useful would be posted in this thread.  thank you for that link @paulmignard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines