• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2020 has completely lost my project

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been working daily on this project for 3 weeks. Its due in two days. I went onto my project to do some final touches and export it but now it is fully gone from my computer. It says it has suddenly become damaged even though I was animating on it only a few hours ago. I have multiple saves on this project in my my hard drive and external hard drive. I have had it crash multiple times so I had RECOVER_ versions of this project but when I clicked on them to open them up their icon just disappeared and is no where on my harddrive nor external. I am using a PC not MAc. Does anyone have any idea where to recover my project?

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened it up again and noticed it is opening "scene 2" but I am not making anything on that. I was only using scene 1. All of my symbols, tweens, and audio are still there but the actual characters and backgrounds are all gone. And if I click to open any other file it only will open the latest RECOVER_. This is 20.0.2 btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm really sorry about what happened. This is probably because the file that describes your main timeline is damaged.

But are all of your backup copies damaged? If there is some working copy, is it possible for you to resume from it?

Anyway, there are at least two things you can try:

- Rename the .fla to .zip and/or .rar and try to recover it using WinRAR or another similar archiving program;

- Try to run a file recover program, like Recuva, and see if you can find a deleted copy that is as closer as possible of what you had when your file was OK.

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these and it's still listed as damaged, but now more files are missing and the Recuva couldn't find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is bad...

Would you mind sending me your file? Better yet if you have a previous one that is still working. You can send to me in private.

I cannot promise you anything, but I can certainly try to do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I send to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can send me a private message by hovering the mouse cursor over my avatar and then clicking on my name or you can send an email to joaocesar.design@gmail.com.

Please also send the latest working SWF if you have one.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing... Is the document type HTML5 or AS3?

If it is AS3, do you still have the SWF? Because if you do, you can try to decompile it using a tool like Sothink SWF Decompiler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines