• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2020 ignoring Wacom tablet settings

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a few problems with Animate, just where it ignores the tablet settings and so far have found no solutions that visibly change anything. Mainly:

- Mapping. I have two monitors and for every program generally set the mapping to just the one with Pen settings (i.e. top left of tablet === top left of screen, etc.) but using Animate even when EVERY program's settings on Wacom's program limit it to one monitor, still puts it on Pen settings with both monitors, meaning I can only use half my tablet to draw on Animate.
- The Eraser. The nub on my pen is prone to glitches, so generally with other programs (especially SAI2 and FireAlpaca) I have the other end of the pen set to 'click' so I can just use to instead. Animate automatically detects it as an eraser and prevents me from using any other tools or clicking on anything even after editing Wacom's settings.
The problem with the pen nub is that while hovering over the tablet it is prone to make tiny lines without me even touching the tablet, and messing with pressure settings has so far not fixed this. If anyone has an idea about that, I'd be all ears, my solution for now has just been to use the eraser.

So far the only thing that noticeably works is changing what the buttons on the tablet do, but beyond that no other settings go through. The closest solution I've found so far is the following link, probably the only difference being that my problem is with Adobe Animate rather than Adobe Photoshop:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-cc-2018-ignores-tablet-properties/td-p/9459935?pa...

TOPICS
How to , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, me and my co-workers, this is happening to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is happening for me, and it makes Animate practically unusable (I've spent a long time 'training' my Wacom to perform as I want it to). Previous versions of Animate didn't cause the same issue. Hoping a solution appears here at some point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Go back to a previous version that works for you until the fine gentlemen at Adobe release an update with a fix.

At present (with AA 20.0.2) this is the only solution, possibly 20.0 or 19, or older.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved!
Nice one, you've made software work for me again, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.0.3) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK
  2. Open a new/created document for the changes to take place.

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and you might face some stylus interaction issues over the Application. It that case you can switch back to Wintab mode until we fix the issue with the Windows Ink option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super late response, but you're a frickin life saver man! Thanks tons! You're awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fixed it for me too. I haven't used Animate in ages so had no idea it was an issue with Wacom. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines