• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2020 Video Component Bug

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Animate 2020 and found that any project which uses the video component places the video on screen at the beginning no matter where the component is placed on the timeline. This breaks almost every project I have so I'll be reverting back to the old version until this is fixed.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

@chrisbrown082578 Thank you so much for sharing the files. We are investigating it and will update this thread as soon as I have more information on this.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to report that all components are added to the screen/DOM right away not just the video component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Do you face this issue in SWF output or HTML5 Canvas output? Can you send me a sample file at mohanraj@adobe.com for investigation?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan, thank you for the response! I'm experiencing this issue with HTML5 Canvas output.

Here is an example application that I've been using for the last couple of years with my students... it has a few examples of interactivity. One example shows how to add video using the component, and another shows how to create a form using components. Both of these examples typically need the user to navigate to reach them, but suddenly after publishing with Animate 2020 both the video and all of the form component elements are added to the screen (and the DOM) right away instead of waiting until they appear on the timeline: http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kendallweblab.com%2FHTML5Framework%2FHTML5Framework.zip...

I have seen this issue on several HTML5 projects that use the video component.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisbrown082578 Thank you so much for sharing the files. We are investigating it and will update this thread as soon as I have more information on this.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you'd rather not upgrade to a previous version, you can just eschew components (and the jQuery bloat they add) altogether by manually creating/destroying your video elements instead. That's all the video "component" really is—a wrapper around a native HTML5 <video> element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines