• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2020 What does the "Stabilizer" under "Fluid Brush Options" do?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an cc stabilizer.png

So I found this little setting when digging around with the Fluid Brush, however is it meant to be a rename for "Brush Smoothness"? Or is it meant to stabilize as you draw like Lazy Nyzumi, Clip Studio, or Paint Tool Sai?

I'm asking this because it doesn't seem to be working like the latter.

If it does work for other computers, I take it that it doesn't have support for 4k monitors like the Cintiq?

TOPICS
Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

It is the latter functionality. Try comparing the line stability with value 0 and 100 and let us know if the range of the slider works for you or you need a increased range. Also it would be helpful if you can share a screen recording link of this issue.

You can directly post you comments in Animate forum by joining our Beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another extra detail that I've learned is that once you hover your mouse over it, it says "Curve Smoothing" when there's the setting underneath as well. I double checked to make sure it's hovered over stabilizer and same thing happened.

Perhaps it's just an unfinished feature standing out to tease us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the latter functionality. Try comparing the line stability with value 0 and 100 and let us know if the range of the slider works for you or you need a increased range. Also it would be helpful if you can share a screen recording link of this issue.

You can directly post you comments in Animate forum by joining our Beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, now I see it!

Also here's a video if that helps! 

I would appreciate it if there was more range/distance or a drag to fully help us notice it though, but hey, that's what the beta program is for and I'm down to sign up!

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Thanks for your feedback. We will look into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I definitely agree with it needing more stabilising - something like in Photoshop would help a ton. As someone with quite shaky hands lineart is a nightmare in animate and I've been thinking of just downloading the addon that adds a timeline to photoshop for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines