• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2021 crashes on launch

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just upgraded to 2021 and can't launch the app. crashes constantly on MAC OSX Catalina. checked with two of my coworkers on same systems and they have the same experience. can't use 2021. we are all forced to revert back to 2020. below is the crash report.

any fix or workaround?

Process: Adobe Animate 2021 [14339]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Animate 2021/Adobe Animate 2021.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Animate 2021
Identifier: com.adobe.Adobe-Animate-2021.application
Version: 21.0.0 (21.0.0.35450)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe Animate 2021 [14339]
User ID: 503

Date/Time: 2020-10-29 11:46:32.408 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: B1720E0A-5FD9-0A3D-22E1-F4C37DBD9D9E

Time Awake Since Boot: 3200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 7

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000458
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [14339]

VM Regions Near 0x458:
-->

<error message edited to remove unneeded, at this point, info - kglad>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so since it crashes on launch I had to do this: hold Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Animate.

it asked me to delete the preferences which I did and then it promptly crashed at the same Thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstall animate:

uninstall animate including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
restart your computer (don't skip this)
use the desktop app to install animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done all of that and after I've tried to launch the new installation it crashed on the same Thread.

and I just want to mention again the fact my two co-workers have the same exact problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which catalina, 10.15.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just upgraded 10.15.7 and animate 2021 (v21) opened ok and i created a new html5/canvas project ok.

would doing that cause your animate v21 to crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, it still doesn't work for the three of us and it still crashes on load on the same thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing the same issue as you. Same exact set of circumstances. I spent a great deal of time with an "agent" exporting logs, reinstalling, and no luck. Finally after all that the agent replied "this is a known issue" and told me to downgrade to the previous version. Basically wasted my time and his when he could have informed me of this from the start. Well I guess that's how he justifies his time. Still waiting for an answer like yourself and others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Just an update. I was able to get my issue resolved. The problem was a corrupt font that was causing the crash. In my ccase it was Garamound. Once I removed it the program started and operated as it should. I've attached a screenshot of the path of the font. It was in an unusual location and it's use with the system after removing has not affected other computer operations. Hope this helps. Please pass along. Hope it helps.

Garamond_Location.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you identify that particular font as a culprit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can usually get an idea it's a font problem by watching the load dialoge while starting animate.  it goes pretty quickly if you have a decent computer so you have to pay attention.

once you suspect a font, you can check for 0 byte fonts and/or use a variety of available software to detect corrupt fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know from the crash logs it's a font issue but was interested to know how specifically you found yours. thank you. BTW a version with a fix is in the works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to the character limitation of this system I can't paste the log in this window. Suffice to say one can go to Console on a Mac and read the crash log from aniumate.  The log stops generating at the end of the garamound font and the program crashes. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! And thank you for the screen shot. I had the exact same problem (same font too). Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines