• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 21.0.4 Application bar bug. Click file and dropdown jumps to other menu item. Build 39603

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click File or Menu and prepare to move my mouse to a menu item, the menu immediately jumps to the Debug menu. It is completely unusable. 

View and Insert jump to Window and Modify jumps to Help. The rest of the menu items work as desired. This happens only on my Dell laptop, Windows 10, 1G hd, 32G memory.

My Surface Pro has build 39603 and does not have this issue.

Any ideas why? I like my large screen on the Dell laptop rather than the 13" on the Surface, but it looks like I will have to use it instead until this gets figured out.

I would appreciate any help. I have an 8 week class to learn Animate that just started.

Terry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched before posting, but did not find a post about this until AFTER I posted my issue. However, the post is from 2017, so I guess it is an issue again. 

Yes, if I move the Animate window to my laptop screen instead of my 2nd monitor, it will properly work. However, I don't like that now the screen is small. Not a good solution, so can we get this fixed again?

Thanks.  Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,

Looks like no one else has this issue? I solved it by making my second monitor my primary one. However, unless the screen is full size, the menu items jump to the right. If I move my mouse to the right over a different top level menu item, I am able to access the menu that I was trying for. Sheesh.

Also found out that the fluid paint brush will not work on my Dell, but it is available on my Surface Pro. Found an old forum that said my graphics card is not good enough to run it on the Dell. Wow.

I liked Flash when Macromedia had it. I used to beta test it with them. We all did a great job, and they listened and cleaned up the bugs before releasing. I know it is a more complicated program now, but not everyone has $3K machines for business. Some of us are single self employed folks who get by just fine with the $2K machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.. 

2024 and I'm having te same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are your display settings at 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines