Exit

Animate after 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Twitter support sent me here! 🙂

I'm just wondering what Publish options will still be available in Animate once Flash support is ended, or is it only Flash *browser support* that is ending and Flash (eg via Projector) will continue??

Thanks,

Colm, Dublin, Ireland.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

projector continues.

mobile apps, video and animate gifs (for non-interactive content) are still supported, and for web apps, html5/canvas publication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response kglad.

So when you say that "projector continues" ... Will that include AS3 interactive content currently delivered via Flash Player (which seems to get embedded into the EXE file for the projector)? Stuff that currently only runs in the player.

Do you know of any official link/blog listing/describing what is going and what will be left as publish options in Animate?

Thanks,

Colm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it'll still run in a flash player. 

some day there will be an os (win or mac) that won't run flash player and no one at adobe/harmon/whoever will update it to work.

i don't know of any public animate road map but it seems (to me) to be headed towards an animation tool for designers and less an interactive app for developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks K.

I appreciate the response.

Colm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines