Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate and Cintiq pen/screen parallax

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I find that in Animate, when drawing, the offset between pen and screen seems bigger than in other software. I have tried to calibrate a couple of times but there is still more "parallax" in Animate. Has anyone experienced this and maybe know of a solution?

I have the latest version of Animate and the tablet is a Cintiq Pro 24.

Ok, thanks

/Foss

TOPICS
Performance , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response from me. I have been away for a while.

The problem seems to be gone. At the time, I did recalibrate a couple of times but the line was always quite a bit off. But now I calibrated again and it works much better. Maybe it was just bad calibration on my part. But then the offset should have been the same in all drawing apps I guess.

I now also replaced the nib in the pen since I realised the old one was pretty worn out. I don't see how the nib co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest cintiq driver? What os are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, it says the driver is up to date. I'm on Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks!

/Foss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The parallax is greater in Animate than it is in other programs? That's bizarre. The "depth" should be consistent across all applications. I would appear that your Cintiq driver is handling AnCC differently for some reasons. Hard to say without being there in person to troubleshoot. Silly question but you have calabrated your Cintiq correct?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response from me. I have been away for a while.

The problem seems to be gone. At the time, I did recalibrate a couple of times but the line was always quite a bit off. But now I calibrated again and it works much better. Maybe it was just bad calibration on my part. But then the offset should have been the same in all drawing apps I guess.

I now also replaced the nib in the pen since I realised the old one was pretty worn out. I don't see how the nib could have caused it but maybe there could be some glitch in the pen. Or in the Matrix. Well, anyway, it now works fine!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines