• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate and PDF

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know if I'll be able to use shockwave flash files from Animate in Adobe PDF documents after the end of the year.  I have a boatload of interactive (mostly stop and continue) animations I currently place in PDF training books.  Wondering how I'm going to create these books if flash goes away.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your taking the time to respond.  Needless to say, I'm looking for an alternative workflow.  The link you refer to says:

Converting Office or HTML to PDF with embedded rich media (non-Flash content) will continue to be supported.

Animate makes HTML5 animations but not without Java.  Does anybody know if there is there a way to add these html/java animations into a PDF?  The alternativeI have at this point is to make the animations in PowerPoint and hand out my source files.  I don't likee the alternative, but at least I won't have to pay for an Adobe subscription anymore. . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate HTML5 animations do not require Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting you'd say that because I just created an animation using the HTML5 wrapper in Animate.  The only output it allows is Javascript/HTML.  Can you point me to a tutorial on the Adobe web site or the web where I might learn the process?  I've used google and other search tools trying to find tutorials regarding the process with no luck.

AnimateOutput.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do require JavaScript. That is not even slightly the same thing as Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clay, thank you so much for your snarky replies.  They are unamusing, unhelpful, and unprofessional.  This of course makes me wonder how you received the title "Adobe Community Professional."  If it was bestowed on you by Adobe, they probably don't realize you are only chasing people away from their products.  If you work for Adobe, they need a new HR director.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines