• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate availability post 2020

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Flash/Animate developer.  However, I am finding that I must use Animate to extract 'resources', for lack of a better word, such as images and graphics from eLearning which was developed at our company over the past several years.  I am rewriting the training in another tool.

Once support for Flash goes away, will the product Animate itself still be available via our team subscription if for some reason in the future I find I need to revisit the .fla files and perhaps again extract an image?

Make sense?  Any insight ... link to an FAQ somewhere, etc. greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Judy Peterson

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judy,

Yes, "Animate CC" will be staying around despite the fact that Adobe is ending support for the Flash Player. Here is an official post from them regarding this: https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Good luck with the re-writes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  This is a little 'comfort' I needed on my project.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is not a lack of a better word; the better word is "assets".

And of course Animate isn't going away with end of Flash Player support. The entire reason Adobe renamed Flash to Animate was to kill the association between the still very much alive IDE and the soon-to-be-dead browser plugin.

In fact, why are you even migrating to a different authoring tool? Animate has the ability to convert any old ActionScript document to an HTML5 Canvas document. You still have to manually convert any scripting, but it's got to be less work than starting from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines