• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate best Adobe app for presentations?

Participant ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client is looking for a more robust presentation software that can elegantly animate layers in/out, loop some things to keep it "living", and hopefully even incorporate some envoronmental sound design.  Is Animate the solution I'm looking for? There's so much outdated documentation on the internet, I can't tell if Animate (or any adobe product) is headed the direction we need. I don't want to get invested in something that's being deprecated (Flash/swf), as much as I loved developing for Flash.  Do we have a viable alternative yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

I think Adobe Animate and Adobe XD are the best options for presentations.

Animate has all the power and flexibility to create any kind of interactive or non-interactive presentation. If your presentation is for the web, you can code using JavaScript and target web browsers. If you don't need it for the web, then you can still use an AS3 document and target the Flash Player or the Adobe/Harman AIR runtime. For both types of documents (HTML5 Canvas and AS3) you can still use the same long date and amazing design and art tools to create UI, motion, and illustrations.

Just keep in mind that creating a presentation in Animate can be as simple as adding just some navigation buttons with some basic script or as complex as a regular web app or game would be, with lots of complex codes, specially if you want to support mobile devices.

But if you don't want or need all of this extra coding power, then Adobe XD is very capable of creating amazing presentations without requiring you to write a single line of code. With XD you get great design tools, animations, screen transitions, triggers, modularity, and lots of other great features out of the box.

Please let us know what you think.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines