Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate Camera Depth and Paint Brush Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently been experiencing 2 recurring issues in Animate, and I'm curious if anyone else has the same problems and if there are any straightforward fixes. I'm using the most recent build, 326, version 19.0. I've had this problem over 2 computers, one a pc, one a mac, both reasonably powerful.

1. When using the Layer Depth tool my exports (swf or video exports) don't match up to what I see on my stage. The motion can be erratic if there is more than two keys on the camera tween. The depth is shallower, like it switches from a wide lens in the scene to a telephoto (with the same framing) in the swf, so I'm getting less parallax. I've tried keyframing all on my camera's motion tween which adds some stability, but the other issues remain.

2. Using the pencil tool with a stippled or hatched style, or the Paint Brush using certain Vector Art brushes causes considerable slowdown of the program, to the point where it becomes unusable. I don't understand why these brushes would be incorporated if their use needs to be restricted.

Can anyone shed any light on a fix for these things, or at least acknowledge I'm not the only one having these problems! I've hunted all over for answers but can't find any. I'd post the source .fla here if I knew how to!

Many thanks,

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you said, it looks like your issue could be related to the graphic drivers on your device. Can you try visiting the manufacturer's site and confirm that your graphic drivers are up to date?

If they are, I suggest getting in touch with us using this link Contact Customer Care​ for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Preran. I will check the driver situation, but as I found exactly the same issue on 2 separate machines (a pc and a mac) I had presumed that this was not likely to be the issue. I'll follow up once I've looked into it but still interested to know if anyone else has experienced these issues atall.

Thanks,

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked drivers, issue didn't seem to be there. I found this solution to problem 1: 'Use Adobe Air for desktop not actionscript when starting a new document. If you've already made your scene in Actionscript 3 just copy and paste all your layers & Frames into a Doc that is set up as AIR for desktop (you might need to re-add your camera seperately). Then you should be able to export to Video mp4 without problem. Thanks rickyn70485621!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Problem 2 regarding massive slowdown when using the pencil tool with stippling or Vector Art Brushes is still a mystery and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines