Animate CC 19.2 Update crashes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished the 19.2 update (April 3, 2019) and now the program crashes after working for a few minutes. It seems that copying and pasting within a grouped object is the thing that crashes it. I've tried it in an old file and in an new file.

Hi All -

Just want to let you know that we have just pushed a hotfix that addresses the paste in place crash issue. Request you to update your copy of Animate to the latest(19.2.1.408) to avail the fix.

Thanks!

Mohan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a confirmed 'known issue' in the last pre-release of 19.2.

I thought they would have fixed it before pushing the update

If you tend to use groups, you'd better go back to the previous version, mate!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've rolled back to 19.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. I rolled back to 19.1 as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup me too..any posts any where when/if this problem will be fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely with the next update. But when that can be expected, I have no idea.

Maybe someone from the dev team will cast more light on the matter, probably Mohan? Mohanaraj

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those that are facing this issue,

Can you provide us with details on the OS and the version of OS on which you are running Adobe Animate?

If you are in a rush, I suggest getting in touch with us directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 version 1803..updated 4/10/2019 and 4/5/2019 recently

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like a known issue. Let's wait for Mohan from the Engineering team to provide us with an update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home - v 1803 - build 17134.706

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Apologies for the inconvenience, Paste in place inside Drawing object or Group has this issue (listed as part of the known issue in 19.2  as well and Paste works in case if that is of any help in the interim). We are working on a fix and if you would like to get an early access to the developmental builds with the bug fixes via our prerelease program, please PM me.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

While I can confirm that v19.2 has removed some of the v19.1 bugs, new ones seem to bubble up. This is an infinitive drama, Complex software is never bugfree. So feel free to post your bug reports here: Adobe Animate CC Feature Request/Bug Report Form

But be aware, it's some work to describe details and steps of reproducibility.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines