• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animate cc 2018 crashes on startup screen

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animate problems.mkv - Google Drive when i open animate cc 2018 it gets to loading document templates and then crashes, i cant pen it even when i change its compatibility mode, help. everything else works on my computer, whats different about animate??

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

There was an update to Animate a few days ago. The specific font issue was the building up of the font menu, so they removed the font menu. To set a font you would select the textfield and use Properties to choose the font family, and then style, that you want.

The font menu was no doubt useful, but if you have the huge number of fonts installed to get the crash, it would have taken a lot of scrolling to find the font you wanted in the menu.

At least Animate doesn't crash now.

Check your CC menu fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im on version 18.0.1 btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Can you try the following and let us know if it helped?

- Recreate Preferences: Re-create preferences

- Create a new user account and try opening Animate from that account

- Do a clean install : Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would animate 2018 be under in the creative cloud cleaner tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither suggestions worked, any other ways?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the solutions. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team using Contact Customer Care

Alternatively, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the message button. I will raise a support case for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the solutions. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team using Contact Customer Care

Alternatively, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the message button. I will raise a support case for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem!!! Only animate is not working all other apps are working fine. have a deadline to meet soon and I'm so stressed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue with Animate. I've tried everything...

nothing works.

Animate opens and than it shuts down.

No message... nothing.

Other CC apps works great...

Any insights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem with Animate cc 2018, since May 10th. I have tried the suggested steps, nothing works!

What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me the info I requested for previously? We will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues. I've done all the recommended solutions, nothing is helping. My program is lagging so much, just to scroll 1 inch takes like 3 minutes to happen until the program ultimately crashes. Zero function right now. I am running on a macOS High Sierra and Animate CC 18.0.1, any found solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issues, too.

I've try all solutions this article said:
Troubleshooting tips to fix Animate CC crash on launch or startup

After reinstalling serveral times and trying the earier version like 2017,

Adobe animate still crash when I open it.

It let me see the window and just dispear immediately.without error message.

This issue have seriously affect my schedule of project.

Hope there will have some solutions .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same Animate CC Quit problem on Windows 10 (other apps work great).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe, what happened to your Mac? BTW, are you the prerelease for Animate? You would love some things that are being worked on.

For what it's worth, Animate stays open for me if I open it in Windows 10 Home, 1709 16299.431.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did an update to 1803 17134.81, and Animate seems to still remain open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Colin!! Long Time!

Every 6-7 years with Mac, I tend to go spend a year or 3 with Windows. I switched this time because I wanted to buy my own GPU, and have a real tower case instead of that non-expandable bin.

I am not on pre-release for Animate.

I tried several things today to use Animate (run as admin, uninstall-reinstall, INSTALL v2017!!) but no luck so far. It always quits without a message, after loading and displaying UI (poof).

PS: Colin, have you seen my I Love After Effects video: https://youtu.be/ZC6kCw-PoOY

I think it is pretty funny, (I love reviewing my own work). GOt some other new material there too! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't seen that video. Have you seen what Cyriak is up to? It's something unexpected.

I know that Adobe sometimes ask for volunteers to get on a Connect session to help track down an issue. Perhaps you would be up for that? Preran​ is already reading this topic, maybe he could think about that?

If you did want to be on the prerelease, Mohanaraj​ could make that happen!

As an aside, I've been helping friends with this YouTube channel: Heckerty - YouTube

I think we could use you as a voice talent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it occurs on 2 computers. Both have windows 10 and both got an new windows update (may 2018). Maybe it is the win update thats causing problems? It seems like its not the first time when after windows update Adobe programs do not work or are very slow. Anyway I have time sensitive projects and this is very problematic, hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of this issue and we are checking with the product team. I will keep you updated. Meanwhile, I suggest using a version of Windows on which Animate was working previously. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured out the main cause for animate cc lagging for me (even on the prerelease v19). Drawing with the brush tool in object or fill mode works fine, but when I start taking brush strokes I've already drawn and switching them between fill or object in the properties tab to help me paint, the program turns slow and non-functional. These are the buttons in the properties tab I'm referring to:

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 7.56.39 PM.png

The resolution to my problem as of now is to save the objects I'm working on as .swf files, open a new action script file, import the .swf files and continue working lag free and try to never need to change the properties of brush strokes.

It is very inconvenient, but it is from start to end what is happening and how I'm managing. Again, I'm on a Mac running High Sierra v10.13.4

This is a reoccurring problem on both Animate CC v18 and the prerelease v19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem and a tight deadline to go with it!

how's the solution coming along Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is still investigating this issue. I hear that there has been an update to Windows recently, am not sure if that will help fix the issue though.

One solution that has worked for some users:

- Install Animate under a new user account

- If you get a DLL error message, install the DLL mentioned in the message from the Microsoft site.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines