Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC 2019 Canvs drops layers on the last frame

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I've been noticing an issue with Animate CC lately that I am not sure whether or not it is a bug in the publishing software. This issue did not happen to me with CC 2018. However when I tried to publish the exacts same (FLA) file Canvas with CC 2019, I noticed that it plays the whole animation properly frame by frame and then on the very last frame it drops some of the layers, they appear to be motion tween layers. However the motions tween is not for the entire layer (only a few frames) and not even at the end of the animation. At that point the layer has no motion tween so it should not drop. Camera tween is unaffected and works fine. I have tried various settings in the publish dialog box such as a export document as a texture, but it seems to make no difference. I have the files from 2018 version and they are fine, but once published with CC 2019 the issue happens. I think it could be something is different in the new JavaScript that is published, but I don't know what or where to look, its either internal or external link.

Hope someone can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Hi

I answer here in the Forum sphere because it might help others with a similar problem.

I can't 100% explain why the animation exported with Animate CC 2019 showed this problem and Animate CC 2018 did not. It might even be a bug in the latest release, not sure. But there's a way around it.

Loop Timeline

You exported your animation with Loop Timeline unchecked in Publish Settings/Basic. Your reason is obvious, you want your animation play only once and then stand still at the end. But this gives yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

advancedlayers.jpg

Click CTRL and J then un-tick 'Use Advanced Layers'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I saw that and it works for one Canvas Animation. I wish that was easier to find in the Properties panel. Thanks for pointing it out.

However, the problem is with the second animation too. I have to use a camera angle and so when I turn off the advanced layers I cannot use my camera. However in CC 2018 I did not need to do that and that JS works fine. But now that I converted it to CC 2019 the issue appear so how do I get around that? Can I selectively select any layers and make them non-advanced while others stay advanced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No, you can't select for single layers to use or not to use advanced layers. It's either in or out.

i do not quite understand what you mean by "and then on the very last frame it drops some of the layers, they appear to be motion tween layers." Can you share this problematic animation as FLA? Maybe you still have the same exported with AN2018 where the problem didn't exist. So you could share them both? But if not, one would be fine just to better see what is happening when it drops.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in the animation they are motion tween layers. But only for part of the animation, but above them is a camera layer. The layers appear at they correct times and then on the last frame just disappear. The FLA was not a problem in 2018, it just became a problem with the 2019 version when I published the file with this program since now the advanced layers have a slightly different set up. In 2018 the js file and html file are fine. But the 2019 version the motion tween layers disappear at the end of the file. Removing the advanced layer setting removes the camera angle which I don't want. If you private message me I can send the files in a zip folder so you can compare before and after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HU

don't you have some cloud drive (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Creative Cloud or Microsoft OneDrive)? And share this way resp. share the public link with everybody here in the forum who might be able to help.

Hm?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is being used by another company so I have sent you a message to the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I answer here in the Forum sphere because it might help others with a similar problem.

I can't 100% explain why the animation exported with Animate CC 2019 showed this problem and Animate CC 2018 did not. It might even be a bug in the latest release, not sure. But there's a way around it.

Loop Timeline

You exported your animation with Loop Timeline unchecked in Publish Settings/Basic. Your reason is obvious, you want your animation play only once and then stand still at the end. But this gives you the drops. I introduced a new layer with a tiny bit of code in a keyframe at the very end of your animation. Where you want the stand still. The code is simply: this.stop(); And then I checked Loop Timeline. So the animation is stopped by that bit of code. And now it works without drops.

Classic vs Motion Tween

The next part has nothing to do with the dropped layers issue but nevertheless important. You are using a Camera layer to zoom from close-up to wide view. And you made two Alpha fade-ins for your welcome and main title. For all these animations you used Motion Tweens. But you are exporting to HTML5 Canvas and for this target platform Motion Tweens will be published as Frame-by-Frame animation. When you publish or test your movie the Output panel tells you:

• Motion tweens are published as frame by frame animations. Use classic tweens where possible.

(By the way: t is always a good idea to read and consider what is written in the Output window)

So, use Motion Tween in Canvas projects only if your animation really needs to be frame-by-frame. In example you draw with Onion Skin an animated growth of a flower. Otherwise, for more mechanical tweens between different opacities (alpha), positions (x, y), scales (scaleX, scaleY) or rotation etc, use Classic Tween. That's less expensive (data size and CPU performance wise).

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines