• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC 2020 Crashing when copy/paste/import Illustrator file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, every time I try to copy/ paste items from Illustrator to Animate, Animate crashes. I've also tried to import the ai file directly to Animate library and it still crashes. Any recommendations? 

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you ever get a solution to this? I'm having the same issue and nothing seems to work. There's no support number and I have deadlines!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here after the lastes animate cc update. Importing was pretty quick a couple of weeks ago and had no issues so far. Now I have the app freezing, and I'm not even 50% above of my PC resources. This continues happening after I removed the entire CC desktop app. Cleaned up windows registry + updated Windows to the lastes updates. The only difference is that I see new information on screen buy, cannot copy-paste from illustrator the same way I do to InDesign.

Plus is affecting other apps like Premiere Rush and After Effects. And all I see from Adobe support is dead end articles wich leads to dead ends. I have a vast XP in PC repairs as well as software development and I can assure you that this is not a matter of hardware compatibility of lack of resources. It was working 2 weeks ago, then, a new update started landed and had the mistake to update. BIG MISTAKE that cost me 8 HOURS of TROUBLESHOOTING between windows updates + event viewer errors + Adobe logs (see image attached) and some .NET CC++ related BACK-AND-FORWARD with no solution here. All the remain apps that have nothing todo with VIDEO RENDER like InDesign, Xd, Illustrator, Photoshop, LightRoom have no issues.

And does not ends there, I lost 3 HOURS digging in Adobe Forums + Google + duckduckgo + stackoverflow and many other sites looks for related information about the windows log error and NO ONE have explained in clear termns when the issue started and what they did to solve it. Also went from recommendations to check my PC from malwares and stuff like that and I can tell is DAMN CLEAN!

So investing 8 HOURS YESTERDAY for a solution to a problem you've caused, and 4 HOURS TODAY, says to me that you own me something big! Either you fix this so my team is able to continue working or I will do my best to move to another 3rd party solution. And you bet we will never use adobe for any future project and will not also recommend to our clients, family and friend. It's difficult to consider stop using Adobe because is good when you don't mess around with updates.

So, basic issue is: All video rendering apps will fail in different things. But vectoring, document and photo edition apps works fine. I will expect immediate attendance to this since so far, no one is cristal clear about why this is happening since last update.

THANK YOU!Adobe Error on windows 10.PNGSketchConfigTest-ucrtbase.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have sent you a private message for details. Please check.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your software is up to date. Also, you can do uninstall and reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I reinstalled all software and continue to have the same issue as those above (importing from illustrator to animate stage causing aninate to crash). I  am trying to include the keyframes in the import and as there are over a thousand, am not sure if this is the issue?  But I have done this before without any issues.  

Is there another solution other than unistall and reinstall the software does anyone know?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not to worry, actually worked when I gave it time to import after reistalling and then restarting my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines