animate cc 2021 and cc 2020 laggy

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok... I use Animate CC 2019 for my standard animating (As well as Flash CS6) Back then when I used a different account for paying for my Adobe, it was just standard for me to use 2019, especially after that hecking (adobe come on just let me use the f word) nightmare that was the 20.5 update (went straight back to cc 2019 after that icon change) but now, I'm genuinely considering either goign to 20.5.1, or even 2021. but, in my old expierences of using 2020 on a mac, it was hell x 1000. so i'm wondering. is it worth it? and how do i get it to be less laggy? (note, ive switched from a mac to a windows machine so, that may change certain factors)

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not clear to me what problem you're having.

note: if english is not your native language it may be better to post in your native language and then we can use a translator tool to understand you better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I speak english as my first language. Kind of insulting, And the problem is that Animate CC 2020-2021 is laggy. Is this enough for you, or am I speaking chinese?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you open animate and start a new project can you use the drawing tools to create one shape without seeing any lag?

if yes, when do you see lag?

if no, what's your computer's os (including version) and what hardware specs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, lag mainly appears when I'm playing my animation, and that's an important part of the process, so that's what i need to fix. 

I use windows 10 home, and i have 3gb ram, currently awaiting an order for 4. however, on my 8gb macbook, it still lagged.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
kglad LATEST
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3gb ram is always going to be a problem.

8gb ram might be a problem depending what's on stage.

in addition cpu speed and the graphics processor play a significant role in performance.  with the general info you've given, general help is about all that can be offered.

the following is an excerpt from Flash Game Development: In a Social, Mobile and 3D World

and is for as3 (and it's not even clear whether you're using canvas or as3):

Optimization Techniques

Unfortunately, I know of no completely satisfactory way to organize this information. In what follows, I discuss memory management first with sub-topics listed in alphabetical order. Then I discuss CPU/GPU management with sub-topics listed in alphabetical order.

That may seem logical but there are, at least, two problems with that organization.

1. I do not believe it is the most helpful way to organize this information.
  2. Memory management affects CPU/GPU usage, so everything in the Memory Management section could also be listed in the CPU/GPU section.

Anyway, I am going to also list the information two other ways, from easiest to hardest to implement and from greatest to least benefit.

Both of those later listings are subjective and are dependent on developer experience and capabilities, as well as, the test situation and test environment. I very much doubt there would be a consensus on ordering of these lists.  Nevertheless, I think they still are worthwhile.

Easiest to Hardest to Implement
1. Do not use Filters.
2. Always use reverse for-loops and avoid do-loops and avoid while-loops.
3. Explicitly stop Timers to ready them for gc (garbage collection).
4. Use weak event listeners and remove listeners.
5. Strictly type variables whenever possible.
6. Explicitly disable mouse interactivity when mouse interactivity not needed.
7. Replace dispatchEvents with callback functions whenever possible.
8. Stop Sounds to enable Sounds and SoundChannels to be gc'd.
9. Use the most basic DisplayObject needed.
10. Always use cacheAsBitmap and cacheAsBitmapMatrix with air apps (i.e., mobile devices).
11. Reuse Objects whenever possible.
12. Event.ENTER_FRAME loops: Use different listeners and different listener functions applied to as few DisplayObjects as possible.
13. Pool Objects instead of creating and gc'ing Objects.
14. Use partial blitting.
15. Use stage blitting.
16. Use Stage3D.

Greatest to Least Benefit
1. Use stage blitting (if there is enough system memory).
2. Use Stage3D.
3. Use partial blitting.
4. Use cacheAsBitmap and cacheAsBitmapMatrix with mobile devices.
5. Explicitly disable mouse interactivity when mouse interactivity not needed.
6. Do not use Filters.
7. Use the most basic DisplayObject needed.
8. Reuse Objects whenever possible.
9. Event.ENTER_FRAME loops: Use different listeners and different listener functions applied to as few DisplayObjects as possible.
10. Use reverse for-loops and avoid do-loops and while-loops.
11. Pool Objects instead of creating and gc'ing Objects.
12. Strictly type variables whenever possible.
13. Use weak event listeners and remove listeners.
14. Replace dispatchEvents with callback functions whenever possible.
15. Explicitly stop Timers to ready for gc.
16. Stop Sounds to enable Sounds and SoundChannels to be gc'd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines